CND L&P beginners training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine191

Reaction score
hello lovely ladies
I am very new to this site so please be patient with me. And also apologies if someone already posted this here before.

Just enquiring about the L&p cnd course for begginers.. has anyone finished it recently?
I havent got any qualification in nails however done it before as a hobby ages ago. I know want to be a qualified nail technician.
I am aiming to finish my course & then finish the masters in due course once completed all the revelant courses.
Then im planning on doing a shellac course.
I persume there is a lot of ladies here who has finished it & probably smashing the nails
I know theyre very expensive however I dont want to invest in anything else but CND.
Ladies, do u reccomend? Has anyone done similar?

Thank you

I did the CND beginners course in march last year. Invaluable training. It was exactly what I wanted because it spread out the training and gave me practising time without having to do a college course! TBH I don't use CND now for a number of reasons but I do believe I had one of the strongest possible introductions to l+p! Good luck! I'd have loved to work my way through the CND courses! X

I did the CND beginners course in march last year. Invaluable training. It was exactly what I wanted because it spread out the training and gave me practising time without having to do a college course! TBH I don't use CND now for a number of reasons but I do believe I had one of the strongest possible introductions to l+p! Good luck! I'd have loved to work my way through the CND courses! X

What are the reasons you dont use CND may I ask hunny?
Do you think being a novice student, but a very hard worker, ill be able to do a masters in Sep? Or am I being big headed here?
I'd love to just finish it properly if started. And then do a shellac too.
Thank you for your reply

What are the reasons you dont use CND may I ask hunny?
Do you think being a novice student, but a very hard worker, ill be able to do a masters in Sep? Or am I being big headed here?
I'd love to just finish it properly if started. And then do a shellac too.
Thank you for your reply
A few small things that together added up.. my plan had been to be a CND girl!
I HATE the nail trainer, and have very few people, if anyone at all, to practise on, so mostly "practise" (as much as can be done) on myself. I have nightmare nails- short, brittle ski jump nails- so in order to create a nice longer looking natural pink and white nail I needed a cover pink, of which I was advised to get the best colour for me I'd need to either get the neutral cover or a pot of both warm and cool tones cover and mix them- when you're not at a stage to be able to charge anyone a minimal amount to practise on I couldn't justify the price of these and couldn't find anyone who would sell me some small samples of each to test.

My original plan was to try and "get to speed" with acrylics using another brand (I went with INK London)and go back to CND, which ultimately I'd still like to do.

I then went to sign up to the Shellac course, as i figured if I could get that going it would be a bit easier than acrylics, but as my kit was second hand from the tech who'd connected me with CND (S2 and Ellisons but no receipts! :/ ) I was told I couldn't do the course and couldn't afford a new kit.

So I'm not doing too badly with INK's acrylink, and also have some CJP that i'm keen to get ratios perfect with, which right now is a bit closer to what I can really afford.

Sorry for that being so long winded!! Not sure how it works, but I'm sure if you did shellac after doing l+p it'd all help you out in the end, rather than doing l+p to masters and then doing shellac? nowadays these two services tend to go hand in hand! x

Thanks hun.
Yeah, well my plan is to do l&p masters in sep, but figured out i could possibly book myslf onto shellac in between the courses too.
Been advised that i'd be cheaper to do a begginers shellac as it works out £295+ vat (which you get a kit with) and if you do the converted one it works out £385+ vat (including kit).
I hope it all works out for you too. Xx

I just booked myself on this course as I have no previous enhancement training.

Currently all my clients are just natural nail manicures and gel polish, I'd definitely jump on the Shellac course before, if you'd like to offer treatments before you have finished your l&p training.

I just booked myself on this course as I have no previous enhancement training.

Currently all my clients are just natural nail manicures and gel polish, I'd definitely jump on the Shellac course before, if you'd like to offer treatments before you have finished your l&p training.
yeah, the shellac is defo written down in my diary too, however it works out each month there is something different to work towards my masters in l&p which is in sep. I thought id squeeze shellac as soon as i have more money on the side.
I havent got any clients yet unlike you, im just starting up to train.
So exciting! X

yeah, the shellac is defo written down in my diary too, however it works out each month there is something different to work towards my masters in l&p which is in sep. I thought id squeeze shellac as soon as i have more money on the side.
I havent got any clients yet unlike you, im just starting up to train.
So exciting! X

Sounds like a great plan! Good luck, and have great fun! X

Latest posts

Back