CND lamp disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosy cheeks

Reaction score
Sorry I've not been on here for a while..

So I had a nightmare yesterday.. Half way through doing a Shellac and my machine just decided to die! It would start, then 2 seconds in cut out and make a continuous beep noise. It's had new bulbs so wasn't that, it was the actual machine which is 18 mths old.

My clients face was a picture! She was going on holiday today and didn't want normal nail polish, so I had to ring round all the salons I knew that did Shellac.. Luckily I got her in in the next village from me, so we were both grateful. But i've had to cancel any Shellacs today and order another machine asap delivery..

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it worth me trying to get this machine fixed, then I have a backup machine, I don't fancy this happening again.. 18 mths doesn't seen that old for a machine.. Is it?!

Just a quick question, you said you have replaced the bulbs with new ones, did you reset the timer on the machine by pressing and holding down the reset button until the display changes back to 99? If you didn't that is what is wrong if this does not fix the problem then the best thing would be to ring sweetsquared on 08452106060 and have a word with someone there.
Jen xx

Yes, you have to reset you timer or the lamp will cut out when it reaches zero .. I bet your machine is perfectly OK once you do that! :hug:

:smack: :smack: :smack: :Scared:

Oh my gosh now i feel a right dummy! Seriously this serves me right for not reading instrutions! I hope thats all it it. I will go test it out later.. Spose now i do have one as back up now :rolleyes:

Thank you hunnys.. *hangs head in shame*

:Love:

:smack: :smack: :smack: :Scared:

Oh my gosh now i feel a right dummy! Seriously this serves me right for not reading instrutions! I hope thats all it it. I will go test it out later.. Spose now i do have one as back up now :rolleyes:

Thank you hunnys.. *hangs head in shame*

:Love:

You will be glad you have a back up and now you can work with two lamps if you want to. :biggrin: Such a vital piece of equipment I wouldn't never not have a back up so you have done a good thing really! lol

When the timer gets to zero hours, it beeps and the lights go off so the lamp is doing exactly what it should be doing! It will work fine as soon as you reset the hours with the reset button, don't worry.

You may have taught allot of others something with this post. PLUS if you dont reset your hours, how do you know how much life is left in your new bulbs??

Another thing to remember is to turn your bulbs over after about 50 hours of use and you will have better curing as the new side of the bulbs will be all clean of any product or other debris. :biggrin: So now everyone who reads this will have learned something.

You will be glad you have a back up and now you can work with two lamps if you want to. :biggrin: Such a vital piece of equipment I wouldn't never not have a back up so you have done a good thing really! lol

When the timer gets to zero hours, it beeps and the lights go off so the lamp is doing exactly what it should be doing! It will work fine as soon as you reset the hours with the reset button, don't worry.

You may have taught allot of others something with this post. PLUS if you dont reset your hours, how do you know how much life is left in your new bulbs??

Another thing to remember is to turn your bulbs over after about 50 hours of use and you will have better curing as the new side of the bulbs will be all clean of any product or other debris. :biggrin: So now everyone who reads this will have learned something.

Well im glad I posted, (even though v embarrassed!) imagine I would have just gotten rid of a prefectly good lamp otherwise :eek: EEK!

I knew about changing the bulbs around after 50 hours from watching the fabulous Holly, Fingernail Fixer videos, but not about reseting the hours.. Silly me..

Anyway Geeg, thank you, you are a star! :biggrin:

Well im glad I posted, (even though v embarrassed!) imagine I would have just gotten rid of a prefectly good lamp otherwise :eek: EEK!

I knew about changing the bulbs around after 50 hours from watching the fabulous Holly, Fingernail Fixer videos, but not about reseting the hours.. Silly me..

Anyway Geeg, thank you, you are a star! :biggrin:

Thank you, that is very kind of you to say, but it really was the beautiful jenni (busybee another of our fabulous CND education ambassadors)) who answered your question and put you on the right track! Bless her.

As Gigi says, I'm so glad you posted this and taught others, as having read this I now know I won't make this mistake - which I almost certainly would have done before as it's the sort of ditzy thing I would do! ;) But an easy mistake to make x

Glad you got it sorted and it wasn't something major :)

Just a quick question, you said you have replaced the bulbs with new ones, did you reset the timer on the machine by pressing and holding down the reset button until the display changes back to 99? If you didn't that is what is wrong if this does not fix the problem then the best thing would be to ring sweetsquared on 08452106060 and have a word with someone there.
Jen xx

Thank you, that is very kind of you to say, but it really was the beautiful jenni (busybee another of our fabulous CND education ambassadors)) who answered your question and put you on the right track! Bless her.

As Gigi says, I'm so glad you posted this and taught others, as having read this I now know I won't make this mistake - which I almost certainly would have done before as it's the sort of ditzy thing I would do! ;) But an easy mistake to make x

Glad you got it sorted and it wasn't something major :)

Yes yes sorry Jenni I missed you out! Gosh i really am being ditzy at the moment.. Thank you to you both..

Lavender Lovely, thanks also. Glad i'm not the only ditzy one round here! :wink2:

xx

Latest posts

Back