CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BitsyProspect

Reaction score
I just got an offer to pre-order the new CND Lamp!
Should I go for it or wait until the kinks are worked out and the price comes down?

OMG I thought this day would never come! When will you get your hands on it? I'd get it but mostly because I'm sure my UV one is on the way out!!

Karaxxx

OMG I thought this day would never come! When will you get your hands on it? I'd get it but mostly because I'm sure my UV one is on the way out!!

Karaxxx

My uv is also on its way out! Wonder when it will be available- unless this is April fools! lol

My uv is also on its way out! Wonder when it will be available- unless this is April fools! lol

Oh please don't say that, that'd just be too cruel - but can see where you're coming from! :(

Karaxxx

I don't think it's April fools. Bitsy posted 2 hours ago & she's in Canada so I would probably think that her time zone is after our UK one so she prob had her email offer on 31st March!! Or am I clutching at straws lol!!

I think at 'The Event 4' here at the end of April it will be launched.
I hope so

So I just had a look at this promo for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nvPyJc_d4s

60 second cure for brisa, shellac & top coat. Double the cure time of all leading competitors.

I also notice it shows a new top coat called "express 5" which presumably is an LED only fast cure top coat? I'm only guessing it's LED only...

Overall feeling a bit meh. I thought this would be the "ultimate" LED due them being so late to the marketplace.

I would buy that set deal pictured in a heartbeat though. Sounds an amazing offer :biggrin:

I wonder what this will retail for in the UK...

We all knew the light was coming. My concern was will it cute all the Brisa gels. Looks like it does? Still curious about the express top coat.

So I just had a look at this promo for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nvPyJc_d4s

60 second cure for brisa, shellac & top coat. Double the cure time of all leading competitors.

I also notice it shows a new top coat called "express 5" which presumably is an LED only fast cure top coat? I'm only guessing it's LED only...

Overall feeling a bit meh. I thought this would be the "ultimate" LED due them being so late to the marketplace.

I would buy that set deal pictured in a heartbeat though. Sounds an amazing offer :biggrin:

I wonder what this will retail for in the UK...

I agree, I had hoped it would be the lamp to end all lamps! So yeah, I must admit, although it's a gorgeous lamp, I am disappointed. While 60 seconds is an improvement over two minutes, this is still 190 seconds for CND Shellac vs 95 seconds for Gelish (using the Gelish 18g) and other brands. And of course, there is still the age-old question - will Shellac cure in other LED lamps? And also, will this lamp cure other brands? If this is a continuation of CND's "only our lamp cures Shellac" nonsense, that would be a cruel April Fool's joke. I quit Shellac years ago, largely over no LED cure. I've wanted to go back to Shellac, but if they haven't come to their senses about LED cure and the lamp issue, I would be done with Shellac permanently.

Last edited:
They've just updated Facebook launching in may :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'll be purchasing as soon as it's available 😊 And regarding the 60s v 30s cure I most definitely can't paint 5 fingers in 30 seconds lol so that's fine by me. Am interested to learn more about the new top coat, hopefully all will be revealed and maybe even get to have a little play at The Event 😊

I get that it will cure all of my existing Shellac and Brisa gels (I hope!?).. But then what's with the new top coat, and since its a new top coat formulated especially for LED cure, why couldn't they of made it a faster cure time? I mean with shellac I can maybe understand the 60 second part is maybe the best they can do without reformulating the whole product. Although then that leaves me thinking will this cure other gels since its been specifically designed and tailored to cure CND products? Also can some on message what the price is that's been wiped off the picture just out of curiosity :) x

It does seem particularly cruel for details of the LED lamp to start leaking after all this time on April 1st of all days...

still i'm inclined to believe it is for reals......

https://youtu.be/2nvPyJc_d4s

I can see a european trade mark has been filed for the "complete chromatic cure" tagline too.

would be fab if this was the reveal at the 2015 s2 event!

But then what's with the new top coat, and since its a new top coat formulated especially for LED cure, why couldn't they of made it a faster cure time?

It's called "xpress 5" - I am anticipating it being a 5 sec led cure. But I am just guessing from the name.

To those who say you can't paint quicker than the 60 sec setting: you can. Top coat application, 2nd & 3rd coat colour applications, repairs/single nails. There are a lot of instances when you will be working quicker than this slow light.

To me the new top coat is an acknowledgement by CND that a 60 sec cure time is off putting & this is their way of significantly cutting the cure the only way they can.

Just editing to add it seems I'm wrong about xpress 5 - from the s2 blurb more shine & quick removal. Nothing about quicker cure... Maybe I should stop being a grumpy guesser & just wait to see what happens lol

Last edited:
To those who say you can't paint quicker than the 60 sec setting: you can. Top coat application, 2nd & 3rd coat colour applications, repairs/single nails. There are a lot of instances when you will be working quicker than this slow light.

Again, I agree with willowrose. So much of how we work is limited by our tools. It takes two minutes to paint because that's what you have. We found that we paint a heck of lot faster than than when we had 30 seconds. Plus there are lots of situations, e.g., top coat, repair, swatching, when a faster cure really makes a big difference.

I am eager to see what this new light can do and what it means for Shellac.

Yes S2 say may. Don't think they would do an April fools as it would be unprofessional and a waste of advertising material!

Regarding the whole time/seconds cure time, I'm not bothered. Happy it will be less than two minutes but quibbling over 30 seconds is not even on my list of issues. Anything under two minutes is a bonus but at the worst two minutes I'm used to so Id be no worse off. My lamp would just look more stylish and current.

Still a bit puzzled as to why now this CND led lamp can cure CND shellac when no other led lamp brands can. However I suppose it coincides with their vow of 'only CND uv lamp cures CND shellac correctly' no other uv lamps allowed 😁

Next thing..... If it gets launched in May. Will they be able to cope with the demand. 😘

Next thing..... If it gets launched in May. Will they be able to cope with the demand. 😘

I was so excited with the first post, then deflated at the thought it was an April Fools joke, excited again when I realised it was unlikely to be a joke and now deflated at the thought of a fight to get one at the launch.

S2 please get enough in, having been a Shellac girl from the get go, I couldn't stand the whole "out of stock" fiasco again.

So many excited/deflated moments in one day lol

Karaxxx

This looks brill only hope it's not too over priced x

The extra 30 seconds has more to do with curing it right instead of just fast. Also the Express 5 will cure in the LED or the current lamp. The new lamp will also cure the current top coat and all of the colours (it's been tailored for any light cured CND product really).

The extra 30 seconds has more to do with curing it right instead of just fast. Also the Express 5 will cure in the LED or the current lamp. The new lamp will also cure the current top coat and all of the colours (it's been tailored for any light cured CND product really).

Will the new Xpress 5 have the longevity of shellac topcoat? Also is this going to be eventually replacing Cnd shellac topcoat? The lamp looks gorgeous can't wait!

Latest posts

Back