CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rima Shah

Reaction score
Hi all- I've purchased the recent shellac kit from sweet squared (LED lamp). I am finding that my nails are peeling about a couple of days. I am following the instructions by placing the hands under the lamp for the correct time. I'm also using scrub fresh to clean the nail bed before applying the polish. I am also painting the edges. Can you advice anything further? Should I leave my hands in the lamp longer?

Hi all- I've purchased the recent shellac kit from sweet squared (LED lamp). I am finding that my nails are peeling about a couple of days. I am following the instructions by placing the hands under the lamp for the correct time. I'm also using scrub fresh to clean the nail bed before applying the polish. I am also painting the edges. Can you advice anything further? Should I leave my hands in the lamp longer?

The buttons are pre-programmed with the correct curing times so exrra time is pointless

Have you completed your training, all the usage tips and tricks will be covered

Also ensure hand placement within the lamp is correct. The light must be hitting all nail surfaces fully.

Thanks all. I didn't do my training with CND. Have checked YouTube videos etc but I don't know what I am doing differently

Super thin coats are needed with all layers. The base coat can be applied with a gel brush. I like to dab a little base coat onto the nail plate and then I use a clean cnd gel brush to work the product into the nail plate. I find this ensures it's really thin and even especially when my base coat bottle is full. Too much product will make it lift x

I’d suggest doing the CND training, there’s so much to learn! Your PEP needs to be meticulous, polish application perfect, the class will teach you everything you need to know and more, you will be able to iron out any issues!

Its not hard and I can you all you need within one post.

1. Push back cuticles. Any cuticle residue left on the nail will cause lifting. Be careful when pushing back cuticles because this area of the nail is the softest and most sensitive.

2. Buff very very very very very very very very very lightly. Take a nail file and scrap the nail buffer until you make it less abrasive.

2. Dehydrate the nails. Any water or oil residue will cause lifting. Scrub the nails good with acetone.

3. Paint base coat in a thin layer. Not too thin or too thick. Too thick will cause wrinkles. With practice, you'll develop a sense of proper thickness. Cure for 10 secs

4. Paint color coat in thin layers. Cure for 1 min.

5. Top coat. Cure 1 min. Wipe off inhibition layer.

And thats it. Shellac is meant to be fast, easy, light, and last about 2 weeks. If you are too hard on your nails, it will chip no matter what you do. If you want to wear shellac, you have to treat your nails like little pieces of jewels. Which is what our nails really are. Only then will shellac last longer. Shellac isn't good for nail techs because they are always messing around with acetone. Acetone can seep into the gloves and chips the shellac.

Also make sure you are actually using the cnd nail lamp with shellac base/top coat.

This is fantastic thank youuuuu

I think it’s worth pointing out that the official CND protocol DOES NOT include buffing of the nail plate, regardless of how gently it is done. In fact CND actively discourage buffing.

I think it’s worth pointing out that the official CND protocol DOES NOT include buffing of the nail plate, regardless of how gently it is done. In fact CND actively discourage buffing.

Using cuticle away is also a part of their protocol but that can be more damaging than buffing if not used correctly. Thus, you definitely can buff.

But aside from nail damage, can anyone explain to me why cnd does not allow buffing? Please provide source and not opinions.

But aside from nail damage, can anyone explain to me why cnd does not allow buffing? Please provide source and not opinions.

Nail damage is the reason, no other needed

Using cuticle away is also a part of their protocol but that can be more damaging than buffing if not used correctly. Thus, you definitely can buff.

Cuticle Away is an optional part of their protocol, not compulsory, it is perfectly acceptable to perform a dry PEP without it.

Have you attended a CND Shellac course?

Nail damage is the reason, no other needed
Someone told me that buffing can have an effect on the release of shellac. But Im not sure if that is scientifically valid. So, now that I have it from Trinity herself that nail damage is the reason, I can say, with confidence, that it is perfectly ok to buff the nails. Buffing lightly won't damage the nails. In fact, it is necessary because when you push back the cuticles, pieces of debris can stick out of the nail surface and the only way to remove them is by buffing.

Have you attended a CND Shellac course?

I have not. But I have such a strong understanding of the nail and gel chemistry that I don't believe it to be necessary. This is not the same as saying im not open to learning more things. I would be still in the dark ages if it wern't for some of your guys's input and advice.

Latest posts

Back