CND newbie, UV lamp or LED lamp? Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderban

Dani
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am a nail newbie and had my first day training on the CND Brisa Gel Beginners Course, I absolutely loved it and the time flew by.

I was advised when booking the course that part of the kit was the UV lamp but I would have the option to upgrde to the LED one for just over £100. As I currently work full time in a job that has nothing to do with nails I would need to gradually build my nail hours up and my other job hours down then eventually I'll hopefully be able to go full time with nails. Therefore when I thought about that I decided I would stick with the UV lamp.

However we need to make minds and let our tutor know first hing in the morning. The other girl on my course - there is only 2 of us (which is amazing as the teaching is almost 1-2-1) is getting the LED lamp as she already has the gelish lamp and works full time as a beautician so will get use of this and start making her money back straight away. My tutor also says she uses this in her salon and really likes it.

I am now not sure what to do as I have read some reviews on here, some people like it, some don't, so as a newbee I'm very confused as to what to do and would greatly appreciate some advice.
Thank you :)

My personal view would be to get the led lamp if you can afford to. You'll only want to upgrade later ...

They are phasing out the UV lamp so you are better off going ahead with the LED in my opinion.

On another note- how did you find the training? I am looking to do the gel course in the near future!

My personal view would be to get the led lamp if you can afford to. You'll only want to upgrade later ...
Thank you so much for getting back to me!

That is kind of what I am thinking. I have the Shellac conversion course next month , so also need to buy the starter kit for that. I am doing L+P conversion in June too. I'm also getting married in May, so I suppose a combination of all these things is making me question the extra £100ish...

They are phasing out the UV lamp so you are better off going ahead with the LED in my opinion.

On another note- how did you find the training? I am looking to do the gel course in the near future!

Thank you for getting back to me and for your advice, it makes sense if they are phasing it out. I have only done day one, but so far I am extremely impressed. My tutor is extremely knowledgeable and friendly and immediately made me feel at ease. This is me finally deciding to take the plunge and follow my nail passion so I was pretty nervous but I was immediately put at ease. The other girl on the course is also extremely nice which really helps too.

I did get sent a large CND student textbook before the course which covers everything you do, there was also a pre-course assessment butit really helps validate your learning. I cant wait for the rest of the course and the Shellac and L+P courses too!

Aw I'm so glad you are loving it. I have done three courses with CND and they were all fab. Extensions are my next step (when I finally get there!!!!) but it is lovely to hear feedback from them. I hope the rest of it is as positive for you :) xx

This thread is amazing as I'm having a similar dilemma- I've been so interested in INK londons ilac but I would really like to do the sensible thing and do the shellac course to have it under my belt so I can offer two Cnd services, on top of any other brands I might then introduce. Currently jobless, I have to be Careful with my cash so bearing the £115 course price to start, I've been offered a barely used CND UV lamp for £40 or the LED lamp for £150. Does anyone know, do the "trendy" or "chic" trial kits have enough in them to fulfil the kit requirements for the shellac conversion course? Then I can justify buying the led lamp with the course without worrying about paying bills! (Sorry, definitely didn't intend to hijack your post... But you've asked what I've been thinking all week!) x

Hi Everyone!

I am a nail newbie and had my first day training on the CND Brisa Gel Beginners Course, I absolutely loved it and the time flew by.

I was advised when booking the course that part of the kit was the UV lamp but I would have the option to upgrde to the LED one for just over £100. As I currently work full time in a job that has nothing to do with nails I would need to gradually build my nail hours up and my other job hours down then eventually I'll hopefully be able to go full time with nails. Therefore when I thought about that I decided I would stick with the UV lamp.

However we need to make minds and let our tutor know first hing in the morning. The other girl on my course - there is only 2 of us (which is amazing as the teaching is almost 1-2-1) is getting the LED lamp as she already has the gelish lamp and works full time as a beautician so will get use of this and start making her money back straight away. My tutor also says she uses this in her salon and really likes it.

I am now not sure what to do as I have read some reviews on here, some people like it, some don't, so as a newbee I'm very confused as to what to do and would greatly appreciate some advice.
Thank you :)

CND are going to eventually phase out the UV LAMP, so you may as well get it now and you are getting it much cheaper.

Thank you so much for getting back to me!

That is kind of what I am thinking. I have the Shellac conversion course next month , so also need to buy the starter kit for that. I am doing L+P conversion in June too. I'm also getting married in May, so I suppose a combination of all these things is making me question the extra £100ish...

LED one definitely look at it this way.. You get the UV lamp your going to want the upgraded new LED because it's well good and new! So you will end up buying it anyway and then you've forked out £200 for it aswell as having the other lamp.

This thread is amazing as I'm having a similar dilemma- I've been so interested in INK londons ilac but I would really like to do the sensible thing and do the shellac course to have it under my belt so I can offer two Cnd services, on top of any other brands I might then introduce. Currently jobless, I have to be Careful with my cash so bearing the £115 course price to start, I've been offered a barely used CND UV lamp for £40 or the LED lamp for £150. Does anyone know, do the "trendy" or "chic" trial kits have enough in them to fulfil the kit requirements for the shellac conversion course? Then I can justify buying the led lamp with the course without worrying about paying bills! (Sorry, definitely didn't intend to hijack your post... But you've asked what I've been thinking all week!) x

Hey! I'm doing the shellac conversion on the 21st March and I need to buy the Shellac Chic kit for this. When I look it up this is start it contains:
  • Professional Use Only
  • Contains :
  • 4x CND Colour Coats 7.3ml (Tropix, Cream Puff, Wildfire and Romantique) ,CND Shellac Base Coat 7.3ml , CND Shellac Top Coat 7.3ml , CuticleAway 177ml , Scrubfresh 59ml , Pure Isopropyl Alcohol 59ml , SolarOil 7.3ml , Cnd Shellac Nourishing Remover 59ml , Orangewood Stick , Kanga File & Shellac Merchandising lamp Cling
  • Guarantee perfect 2-week wear with the complete CND Shellac System. New trial kits include everything you need to perform a superior service.
  • Includes white and sheer pink for French manicure, a classic red and a beautiful coral!
  • Start your own Professional nails with the perfect kit to give prestige nails for yourself, Family & even clients

I hope that helps. please don't apologise for asking a question, we're all here to help each other ☺

Led all the way quicker curing times x

Latest posts

Back