CND or NSI?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca Rebecca

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I'm currently choosing with l&p product to invest in and my choices are between CND or NSI. I understand that a lot of geeks use NSI, but I am a bit of a status buyer therefore also really keen for CND, which have won awards for there system. I'm just working out the cost per service and CND works out maybe £1 more per service unless I'm not working it out correctly?! In which case why do some tech's use NSI when they can have CND. Why might this be? I thought CND was top dog so why is NSI so popular when CND are the award winners? I suppose I'm concerned that if I go with CND I couldn't charge competitive prices but if there only £1 more than Nsi surely I can? Any comments greatly appreciated x

Ps that figure is based on liquid and powder only eg not looked at tips or prep costs yet x

I've just started mobile and am enjoying working along the CND brand with Shellac and Vinylux. Just booked onto the cnd course for l&p. Although in my old salon they used NSI which was a good company and prompt delivery etc. I think CNDs a brand better known by the average client tho. Can't wait!

I've just started mobile and am enjoying working along the CND brand with Shellac and Vinylux. Just booked onto the cnd course for l&p. Although in my old salon they used NSI which was a good company and prompt delivery etc. I think CNDs a brand better known by the average client tho. Can't wait!
Ah great that's good to hear - I've rang up re the l&p cnd course but not heard back from them yet. May I ask what u charge your clients for just the l&p? Also wat mani and pedi brand have u gone with? X

Any other opinions? X

First off, I am Biased as I worked for CND and solely use their product, but I have used almost every brand of product.

NSI is actually the older company and was a pioneer for health and safety so I will always give them respect

CND were much more aggressive in their chemistry advancements (with Chemists such as Doug Schoon) who quickly developed unique products that revolutionised the industry and still do to this day. Add to this CND also worked very hard to bring health and safety into a globally recognised and awarded training program.

There are many who like to 'hate on CND' because we are often considered and perceived as the big bully company, which is actually not at all what CND strive for. We want everyone to have access to the best information and safest products so our technicians can be the most successful in the industry..

As I said, I am biased. I have been both an employee and educational ambassador for Creative Nail Design, but rest assured there are many, many great technicians that endorse and align with CND because of its products and support.

Good luck with your journey wherever it may lead you!

£1 more a set cuts a lot into profit long term.
It really depends on if you think your clients are willing to pay more for the CND name or just want nice nails that last no matter the brand.
Ime the average client knows very little about nail products or brands.
Maybe get acrylics yourself in both brands and see how you like wearing them.

I did my initial training with CND 8 years ago. I've tried other brands but I've never found anything I like as much! I find that clients do know the brand and will ask for it specifically as well.

I think as far as costs go, you have to charge your worth. If you have good products, provide a good service and nails that last people will pay the extra.

I work from home now yet I'm also one of the most expensive places to get enhancements in my town and there are ALOT of nails techs and salons here yet I'm busy. And most of it comes by word of mouth because the nails I produce look natural and they last. I charge £35 for a new set of gel or L&P enhancements, average here is about £20.

I did my initial training with CND 8 years ago. I've tried other brands but I've never found anything I like as much! I find that clients do know the brand and will ask for it specifically as well.

I think as far as costs go, you have to charge your worth. If you have good products, provide a good service and nails that last people will pay the extra.

I work from home now yet I'm also one of the most expensive places to get enhancements in my town and there are ALOT of nails techs and salons here yet I'm busy. And most of it comes by word of mouth because the nails I produce look natural and they last. I charge £35 for a new set of gel or L&P enhancements, average here is about £20.

ah that's great to hear....especially as I've just arranged a one 2 one l&p training course with the Hampshire CND trainer!! I'm hoping I've chosen the right brand!! x

Latest posts

Back