CND removal pads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfl

cfl
Reaction score
Hello geeks
I really need someone to help. After doing the Shellac course which was great I still find problems with the removal wraps!!
It's taking me ages to remove the shellac. I use the cnd wraps but find them fiddly, they dont always stay on even though I do them tight and I put acetone on the pads well soaked and leave on for 15 mins. I have found bits of shellac coming off but not all of it.
Is it ok to use any make of acetone? Are cotton balls and acetone and foil wrapped round the fingers better plus a heated towel.
Any help appreciated. Thanks:)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you putting the wraps on the right way?

When I first started doing shellac, I thought that I didn't like them either. They were fiddly and didn't seem to stay put all that well. Turns out that I was putting them on the wrong way round. Oops! :o

Now that I have had plenty of practise with them, I think they're the best thing to remove the shellac with - I'm not a fan of cotton and foil, but I use them on mine as it's easier than putting the wraps on my left hand.

Although any acetone product will remove the shellac, my personal favourite remover is definitely the nourishing remover - 8 minutes and the shellac is gone :)

Another thought is that you may be leaving the wraps on for too long? If you do this then the remover will evaporate back out and the shellac will start to reharden, which makes you job all the harder.

When I did my Shellac brings them back course we were told we could buy the foil remover wraps or the usual shellac ones. Personally I struggle to get the shellac ones tight on clients but can do it myself perfect. I find the foils far easier and less fiddily...

I'm completely the other way round, can get the wraps nice and tight on clients but they always knock off their foils.

As asked, are you placing them on the right way? Once you get the knack they are pretty easy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Hello geeks
I really need someone to help. After doing the Shellac course which was great I still find problems with the removal wraps!!
It's taking me ages to remove the shellac. I use the cnd wraps but find them fiddly, they dont always stay on even though I do them tight and I put acetone on the pads well soaked and leave on for 15 mins. I have found bits of shellac coming off but not all of it.
Is it ok to use any make of acetone? Are cotton balls and acetone and foil wrapped round the fingers better plus a heated towel.
Any help appreciated. Thanks:)

I am a foil and cotton lass, but that is only because I was taught to remove Calgel this way. I can't comment on the CND removal wraps because I have never tried them but it is their recommended removal for Shellac because the removal product is saturated into the pad and concentrated around the nail rather than seeping down the fingers, which it does with foil. This equals wastage and more skin exposure to the acetone.

To answer your second question, I would advise you to keep to the recommended CND Shellac remover and recommend the Nourishing Remover. I know peeps have commented on it being very pricey but I honestly think it is much, much kinder to the client's nails and skin. When I started using Shellac on myself, I found the original remover gave a burning sensation and left my skin feeling very dry afterwards.

Also, because I brought Shellac slowly into my salon due to budget, I started off by using a couple of existing acetone based gel removers as I had them in stock, and honestly, removal took far longer and was fairly ineffective in the long run. You don't want to end up having to chisel or scratch any nail product away from the nail plate.

If you are on a budget, I would recommend investing in the CND Nourishing remover first and perhaps investing in the wraps a little later.

I must admit I'm still struggling to remove Shellac easily. There is always loads still on the nail and I just can't get those wraps tight enough and they can easily fall off.

I do not like the wraps. In the salon I work at, we use foil and cotton.

Hi there, I also use foil and eye makeup remover pads which are round so I cut then into four pieces. I drench the pads with pure acetone and it comes off perfect every time.

I must admit I'm still struggling to remove Shellac easily. There is always loads still on the nail and I just can't get those wraps tight enough and they can easily fall off.

You might want to look at applying a thinner layer of base coat when doing the Shellac?

Shellac should literally slide straight off the nail plate. If it's being stubborn there's a good chance that the base coat is being applied too thickly when the shellac service is being done.

You might want to look at applying a thinner layer of base coat when doing the Shellac?

Shellac should literally slide straight off the nail plate. If it's being stubborn there's a good chance that the base coat is being applied too thickly when the shellac service is being done.

Thanks for this and I've read this before, so I have been applying thinner. I'll keep at it though as I've just bought 500 nail wraps.

Just a thought, have you watched this video?

How to apply CND Shellac Remover Wraps - YouTube

It's the Fingernail Fixer's video on how to apply the CND Removal Wraps correctly.

Good luck :)
thank you all for your replies. I have been on the course at S2 and so do know how to apply the wraps, which I must say that whilst removing the models shellac at the course, the shellac did come away easily. I thought that's fantastic, no pressure.....but when I did the same thing on my client (luckily a friend too) and she had had my shellac on 3 weeks, it wouldn't budge easily. We tried soaking the pad more which made the wraps slip a bit, then less, tying tighter etc, she even helped me pull it round the finger and left it for 10 mins, to no avail. I have become very frustrated as have been shown how to do it. How hard can it be? I will try again with everyone's tips and see what happens. Nice to know I'm not the only one who has problems. I chose CND for professionalism and now I'm thinking just stick the nails in a dish of acetone for 10 to 15 mins, like a lady who does gellux. It is totally different but it works for her....but I really don't want to do this way as I like the idea of the wraps etc. I might try cotton and foil or get the nourishing remover from CND might be best...
Thanks ladies:biggrin:

I soaked my own off yesterday and used just cotton pads and foil and whilst I still had a little problem, it did seem better. I think it is hard especially if you are using the wraps on yourself but I'll keep trying with the wraps as they are more professional than foil. I'll be mindful about the thin basecoat too.

To LBR
Do you put a heated towel on top of the foil to help and if not how long did you leave the cotton and foil on for? Someone said 10 mins is enough.

A tip I have been given is to use hair foil as its thicker and easier to get a tight wrap with make up remover pads. A good substitute for the specially made wraps x

I use both CND wraps and OPI expert touch wraps, I love both but it seems my suppliers never have any CND in stock :( they currently have no nourishing remover either. I put Solar Oil on the nails very generously and wrap them in regular acetone, if I use CND wraps I pop my electric heating mitts on my clients hands, it works like a charm and I never have to scrape any product off bonus, clients love the heated mittens :) OPI wraps are just amazing, they stay firmly in place and the natural body heat heats up under the foil for really quick removal

Cleen Cheeks Spa

To LBR
Do you put a heated towel on top of the foil to help and if not how long did you leave the cotton and foil on for? Someone said 10 mins is enough.

No, not a heated towel, just a towel. I've always got cold hands, so I put a towel over the top of them whilst I wait for the product to work. I leave the cotton wool and foil on for the recommended time with nourishing remover, 8 minutes for Shellac and with Brisa Lite smoothing gel it's 15 minutes.

Latest posts

Back