CND sale on bulbs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twid

Reaction score
I've just had an email saying that CND have a sale offer on their lamp bulbs but it's for USA only :(

Call me a synic but why are they on sale now? there's never been one that I know of so are they trying to get rid of stock with the possibility of a LED lamp! I guess that as soon as a new lamp comes out the market for the old bulbs will drop off really quickly.

Also I wonder if the sale will filter down to other countries?

Karaxxx

s2 have run several promotions giving away spare bulbs, it's not something that I am too surprised to see. Also the bulbs aren't going to be where they make their money ... They are a support product.

And even if they do release an LED bulb lots and lots of people won't want to fork out the hundreds for it and would rather stick with their current lamps.

Oh Twid don't get us excited at the possibility of an LED 😄🙊xx

Oh Twid don't get us excited at the possibility of an LED 😄🙊xx

LOL I didnt mean too Danni! I'd just never seen a promotion on them but obviously I've just not been very observant! I'd probably buy another set it S2 did a 50% off sale like CND.

I've got two lamps so probably wont invest in a new one when it finally arrives as I cant really paint much faster than 2 mins anyway and I'd be buying it just for the sake of it!

Karaxxx

Samantha Sweet commented on fb the other day that she's seen a prototype of new LED lamp for CND but wont be available until at least 2015 because it has to be calibrated for Shellac use.
S2 did offers on bulbs at pro beauty in Sep x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh it's ok Twid, I'll just dream that they get a wiggle on and bring one out before 2015. I am tempted to purchase another lamp to speed up my timing cause I do shellac mobile outside of my full time job in a spa xx

LOL I didnt mean too Danni! I'd just never seen a promotion on them but obviously I've just not been very observant! I'd probably buy another set it S2 did a 50% off sale like CND.

I've got two lamps so probably wont invest in a new one when it finally arrives as I cant really paint much faster than 2 mins anyway and I'd be buying it just for the sake of it!

Karaxxx

If you compare the cost the uv bulbs with the 1 time price you pay for an LED lamp, you'll see that by time you need a new LED lamp, you would have saved THOUSANDS of dollars because uv bulbs are expensive and only last 100 hours tops per set (nevermind that uv output decreases with time so many have to replace the bulbs before the end of its life). LED lasts for thousands of hours with no decrease in output so it's good until it dies!

Even if you've recently bought a UV lamp, an LED lamp will certainly pay for itself fairly soon.

I've heard that about LED. When I don't my OPI Gel colour training we were told the lamp has something like 72,000 hours in it which it crazy! So your would definitely save money on bulbs and also treatment timing of its a 30 sec cute xx

100 hours bulb life. That should give you a turn over of between £6,000 - £10,000 assuming a treatment price of £15 - £30. Kind of makes the cost of the bulbs seem rather insignificant don't you think.

Latest posts

Back