CND Shellac and hairdresser's nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzyc

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a hairdresser and ive just had the Cnd shellac polish on my nails. I love it so much how long should I expect it to last? I kno it says 14 days but obviously having hands in water a lot will effect it. X

Hi Suzy, I Shellac a hairdresser and she gets 6 weeks out of it. She knows she's 'bad' by not coming sooner but it does last. HTH! :)

wow 6 weeks .....really??? what is your secret??

Can you shellac over a nail tip as my own nails are not long. And, if you can, do you techs find that as the natural nail grown underneath, that the client then ends up with her own nail long after say 3-4 shellac sessions.
Thanks.

Can you shellac over a nail tip as my own nails are not long. And, if you can, do you techs find that as the natural nail grown underneath, that the client then ends up with her own nail long after say 3-4 shellac sessions.
Thanks.

You CAN Shellac over a tip but if you don't have long nails already, I wouldn't recommend it. Since Shellac is a power polish, there isn't a lot of strength with it.

I would put it on the nails you have now and grow them out with Shellac. I have done the same with my own nails and it works really well. HTH! :)

Latest posts

Back