CND Shellac and stamping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchantingemma

Reaction score
Good morning

So I've been getting my new kit together and I've switched over to CND for nails.

I've been having a play with my Stampers :)yours: with creative play polish and regular stamper) but my results are a bit inconsistent.

I've watched a few videos from Fee Wallace which help but sometimes I'm getting so patchy bits.

I've been stamping over the sticky layer from my colour coat then top coating. So I finish my final colour coat, cure, wipe my stamper and plate with scrub fresh, let them dry, polish on the plate, scrap, roll stamper over plate, then roll on to nail.

Any tips or tricks? How often do you wipe over your plate and stamper?

TIA for any help xx

Yes, stamping can be a bit hit or miss so until you feel you're getting it right consistently try stamping over a cleansed top coat.
This way if it goes wonky, you just wipe it off and have another go.
Once happy with your design on each nail, then top coat & cure again.

What stamper are you using? Is it the halo stamper? If so try a very light touch , if you squish the stamper into the plate too hard it doesn't work :)

Depending on the stamper sometimes you need to roll to pick up image and sometimes push straight down

Thanks for the replies. I'm using the regular :yours: stamper not the new halo

Personally, I always stamp over top coat.

And then top coat again?

You should not use scrubfresh on the stamper. Use tape to get polish off. Also the quality of the stamp
Plate makes a huge difference. The best are Moyou London.

The CND educator Fee Wallace recommends scrub fresh. Why wouldn't you use it?

I had another go last night and got good results so maybe it's a practice thing too x

Thanks for your replies everyone x

The CND educator Fee Wallace recommends scrub fresh. Why wouldn't you use it?

I had another go last night and got good results so maybe it's a practice thing too x

Thanks for your replies everyone x
Because scrub fresh includes aceton and that's a big no-no for any stamper. It will slowly destroy it.
Try with a roller tape

Ah I see. That makes sense x

Fee also says to allow the polish on the stamper to sit for a bit so it dries as then the dry polish on the stamper sticks to the tacky shellac x

That's what I've been doing and I got good results the last time x

Latest posts

Back