CND Shellac lamp timings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanitybeauty1

Reaction score
My main service is Gelish with the occasional shellac but ive decided I want to offer both so have ordered quite a few shellac colours a long with the CND lamp. As I only had a few colours before I used a different lamp and I know a lot of people say only the CND one properly cures them. I've personally never had any problems with the lamp I've used before but now I have the beautiful CND lamp I just want to confirm the timings with you..

Base coat - 10 secs?
Colour - 2 min?
Top coat - 2 min?

Are those times correct?

The lamp has letters on it rather than numbers. A B C D why does it have so many? Do some colours need longer? There's D - 180 seconds what would you use that for?

Sorry, I'm probably sounding really stupid but I want to make sure I use the correct settings x

You only need a and c for shellac.
Those timings are correct.
I think you can change b and d to different times if you were using a different system in the CND lamp.
( only if the other brand says you can use the CND lamp ;) ) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Sian is correct you'll use setting A for base coat and C for colours and top coat. All colours will cure in 2 minutes.

We've always been left in the dark with the other 2 settings but we've been teased by being told they could be for future releases xx

As I only had a few colours before I used a different lamp and I know a lot of people say only the CND one properly cures them. I've personally never had any problems with the lamp I've used before but now I have the beautiful CND lamp I just want to confirm the timings with you..

Enjoy your new lamp and Shellac colours. May I just add that although you did not experience problems with another lamp and CND Shellac, that is not to say that the product was properly cured or that there wouldn't be the likelihood of a potential issue.

Thanks ladies! X

Latest posts

Back