CND Shellac, need advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurennbx

Reaction score
Hi sorry if this has been asked and I have read through some threads but I've just had a conversation with another therapist and I'm a really confused :/

I have a manicure certificate and have been buying CND Shellac products from S2, another therapist has come to me saying I HAVE to be trained by CND to use there products and for insurance reasons!??? :/
Can anyone shed some light please x

That's not necessary, a manicure certificate will do for S2 and CND. Most insurance companies will also accept it.
You might need to ask yours however if they need cnd training specifically to cover you, just to be on the safe side

That's not necessary, a manicure certificate will do for S2 and CND. Most insurance companies will also accept it.
You might need to ask yours however if they need cnd training specifically to cover you, just to be on the safe side
Thanks for your reply, that's what I thought but I will also check with my insurance company, thanks alot

Hi sorry if this has been asked and I have read through some threads but I've just had a conversation with another therapist and I'm a really confused :/

I have a manicure certificate and have been buying CND Shellac products from S2, another therapist has come to me saying I HAVE to be trained by CND to use there products and for insurance reasons!??? :/
Can anyone shed some light please x

She's mixing up the facts slightly......S2 require you to be trained by them to use their L&P system, not Shellac.
Insurance are only concerned with ensuring you have certificates of skill not particular suppliers.

That said, insurers will expect you to work within a manufacturers specifications to fully cover you....this includes things like system specific lamps for Gel Polish, recommended dehydrators, etc. deemed 'part of their system/recommendations'. Hence why we are always banging on about using a CND lamp for CND Shellec, etc.

She's mixing up the facts slightly......S2 require you to be trained by them to use their L&P system, not Shellac.
Insurance are only concerned with ensuring you have certificates of skill not particular suppliers.

That said, insurers will expect you to work within a manufacturers specifications to fully cover you....this includes things like system specific lamps for Gel Polish, recommended dehydrators, etc. deemed 'part of their system/recommendations'. Hence why we are always banging on about using a CND lamp for CND Shellec, etc.
Thank you, yes she just came to me apologising as she mixed things up.
I knew deep down I was correct but when someone challenges it, makes me think twice about it

Thank you, yes she just came to me apologising as she mixed things up.
I knew deep down I was correct but when someone challenges it, makes me think twice about it

I'm 47 and losing my marbles plenty fast enough without people confusing me too :confused::oops:;)

I'm 47 and losing my marbles plenty fast enough without people confusing me too :confused::oops:;)

Wait till you're into your fifties - no marbles left so totally rely on lists everywhere- thank goodness for an appointment book to keep me focused!
[emoji12][emoji12][emoji122]

In Greece I'm not required to have completed the CND L&P course to buy their products. My general certificate will do, as long as it covers enhancements!

Huh! How strange!

In Greece I'm not required to have completed the CND L&P course to buy their products. My general certificate will do, as long as it covers enhancements!

Huh! How strange!

Thats because its a SweetSquared (UK main distributor) requirement not CND requirement

You don't have to train with them to buy their enhancement lines. Hasn't been a requirement for quite a few years.

I'm not trained with CND but have bought their L&P for the past 6 years.

Latest posts

Back