CND Shellac not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Geeks.

I don't know if anyone can help me, I've been doing CND shellac for a while now and have just got my qualification which I am so pleased about :D I've previously done my aunties nails and they've lasted the full 2 weeks but I done them recently and they just peel off :sad: as this happened I said i'd do them again without charging her and its happened again :Scared: Her natural nails do flake but I don't know if this is the cause of this problem or if its something else?

Im completely stuck! PLEASE HELP

xxx

Don't be disheartened, maybe put your routine down and see if anyone can spot maybe where it is going wrong?
Xx

My routine -

Cool Blue
Cuticle away - Wash with soapy water
Files & Shape
Scrub Fresh
Thin Base coat - Cure 10 Seconds
Thin colour Coat x 2 Cure both 2 Minutes
Thin Top coat 2 Minutes
Seal free edge of every layer
D Sperse
Solar Oil
Hand Lotion

Doing anything wrong? :sad:

xxx

N
My routine -

Cool Blue
Cuticle away - Wash with soapy water
Files & Shape
Scrub Fresh
Thin Base coat - Cure 10 Seconds
Thin colour Coat x 2 Cure both 2 Minutes
Thin Top coat 2 Minutes
Seal free edge of every layer
D Sperse
Solar Oil
Hand Lotion

Doing anything wrong? :sad:

xxx

I do the same but no cool blue!
Is the cuticle away being cleaned complete from the nail plate? I send people to the sink to use soap and scrubbing brush!
I'm sorry i can't be of more help hopefully someone with more experience will be along soon xx

Don't be disheartened though xx

Yeah I make sure they sure a nail brush to clean it off as I always worry it'll cause lifting! Hmm Maybe her nails aren't suited! Might invest in Gelish and see if she's better suited to that?

Thank you
xxx

your routine is fine, I personally do a dry manicure as I know then that there are less products on the nail. I sometimes get people saying their shellac peels off, dont know what it is tho :( as long as your layers are very thin you cant do anything else. For the one or two that this happens to there will be loads and loads that it doesnt so dont be too down on yourself :)

Are you using a CND lamp? Do your bulbs still have "life" left?
Also, some lotions and cuticle oils will cause the Shellac to not adhere. Perhaps your Auntie is using one of these? I always give my new clients a mini Solar oil and recommend a non oily hand moisturizer as some oily one's will penetrate the nail plate.
If they already have their favorite cuticle oil, I insist that as long as they have the Shellac on, please use the CND Solar Oil that I am giving them and it's included in the price of their manicure.

Yeah lots of people I do it on last 2+ weeks just had a friend come after having it on for 4 weeks! Lots of growth of course but I just don't understand how it can last so little on some people and not on others. Yes I only use solar oil and cnd moisturiser (mango & coconut) just trying not to let it knock my
Confidence being new at it and everything :-/ xxx

And yes all my products are cnd including lamp and my bulbs seem to be working fine xxx

Ensure the clients hand is placed in the lamp correctly, nice and flat, ask them if they can feel the bumpy bits on the removable hand rest... Plus test your bulbs to check if they are all working (all lit up) xx

If you are doing everything right, then sorry, but you now have to question what the client is doing.

Relative or not ... She may be interfering with her manicure and not following aftercare advice because she can hate her Shellac done at family rates. It wouldn't be the first time that family members take advantage.

Latest posts

Back