CND Shellac on eBay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elainel

Reaction score
I know, I know, I know .... we've all had a good moan about non-CND products being sold on ebay. However I couldn't resist seeing what came up on ebay when I type in Shellac and this made me very very cross. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here, but this is really out of order.

I will be reporting this to ebay as soon as I have finished this post. And i'll be emailing this information over to sweet squared, hopefully someone in the office there can get this taken off ebay.

Elaine.

Last edited:
OMG! I've just found the brand new CND Shellac shades on Ebay too! and they are using the CND logo as part of the marketing.

!

Last edited:
If you could please remove the links from your posts as we don't want to be advertising illegal sellers on the site.
Sadly it's a fact of life and personally I don't let it get to me as it doesn't effect my clients :)

We had a similar problem where I live...we had a student buy out all the Shellac and then put it up on ebay for sale... One of our Beauty Supply consultants went into ebay got the info and called CND...the student had to take the ad down and has been banned and had her membership card revoked from shopping at the Beauty Supply . I would recommend contacting CND and inform them of the situation. Also the average client is not going to go through the expense of buying everything they will need to perform a gel color/polish mani.:)

Believe me I think S2 are on to these things so don't worry I'm sure it will be taken down soon enough but still report to be sure. Also did you notice how all the pictures were CND photos, not actual real photos from the seller so who knows what you get in the order!
As Klassy Klaws said it is a fact of our lives as technicians, things like this Just separates the messers from the pro's

professional technicians use products as a system from genuine suppliers and they are the ones who win.

I do think I lost a regular client to DIY shellac, but Hey oh you win some and you lose some and I win a hell of a lot more than I lose because I do things right!

Chin up Hun and be happy that you do it right too!!,

Links removed. :)

I don't worry about people buying rip off products from elsewhere, that's their own silly fault.

I do however worry about the EXACT replica nature of these items though, the claim that they are genuine and the use of the CND logo in the text that accompanies them. Surely this is enough grounds for proceedings?

Elaine.

The problem with eBay is who knows what is in those bottles !!!!!

Precisely. Anyway message sent to S2.

I'm probably a bit touchy about this today, because for the second time in so many months I have had to gently break the news to some poor young person that what they are building their businesses on (and their hopes and dreams) is not what it seems to be. The poor girl was in tears.

The alarm bells rang when she told me to remove the Shellac with cotton wool, acetone, and a hot water bottle, and to give it a file over first.

I know its a dog-eat-dog world and that research is important, yadda yadda, but I felt so awful for her.

Rant over, must stop ranting in future, i'm not really a ranter, I'm usually quite nice, honest :)

Little bit off topic, but the same sort of thing.

An acquaintance of mine rang me the other day to ask about Shellac. Said she couldn't afford to have the service every 2-3 weeks but just KNEW she could do it herself if she had the right things to do it with. Told me she had looked all over the Internet and was very confused about what she needed and could I advise her? I kid you not. Of course She was really asking me if I could sell her everything she would need!

I told her I have never knowingly supplied a non-professional in my life and I wasn't going to start now. Lol. I told her she could buy a gel polish at Argos and to go ahead and "knock herself out". :lol:

Lol geeg I had something similar a few weeks ago! A client booked me for shellac fingers and toes, as I was doing her hands she asked 'how long does each layer go in there for?' and 'so what strength is this lamp? Will it set any gel polish?' I corrected her by saying it was a power polish not gel and each layer has a different time to go in. She asked where I bought my lamp and shellac from and could she set up and account to buy them if she needed to 'top up her shellac' of course I adviced it's a professional product and you can't just 'top it up' it needs to come off and be redone!

Eventually she bit the bullet and asked me outright if I could order a lamp and shellac for her and she would collect as I sell solar oil and hand lotions etc! Of course you know what my answer was! She said she would have a look in eBay later 😳

You're always going to get those who buy Shellac and sell it on eBay for an inflated profit. However we all know that if you do the correct training then you will get the products you need at the correct price :)

You're always going to get those who buy Shellac and sell it on eBay for an inflated profit. However we all know that if you do the correct training then you will get the products you need at the correct price :)

.... And from a legal authorised source.

I agree that people selling CND products on Ebay is annoying but everything great gets copied. I just saw an ebay shop with a huge amount of CND stock advertising shellac kits as 'why pay £20-£50 in a salon when you can do it at home' :grr. I'm in a bad mood today anyway so just reported it to sweet squared hehe. Sometimes I can let it go over my head and other times I think of the £1,000's spent in training and products from the correct places and then I get a bit angry lol.....rant over!!

I had a client I hadn't seen for a while then she rang me for a manicure after about 3 months.
When I turned up her nails were in an awful state, peeling and weak, she had had them done by a girl at her work who said it was shellac!
well the colour told me it wasn't shellac straight away it was a shimmery orange with glitter so i asked if she'd added the glitter "no it was like that from the bottle"
anyway my point is dont worry about these fakers my client said she'll never go back to her and she has learnt her lesson because of the state of her nails!

I had a friend ask me how much I pay for my Shellac so she could see if she was being ripped off on Ebay!!! Of course I gave her my polite response.

I simply asked her if she wouldn't do her own teeth fillings why would you do your own nails. There is a reason why the product is sold to professionals only and that even though Shellac looks like polish there is a lot more science to it AND to nail biology. I also reminder her that over a long period of time if she is putting nasty chemicals or improperly cured product on her nails she could well end up never being able to wear ANYTHING on her nails ever again. So, what kind of bargain is it to have pretty nails if your nails are permanently and irrevocably damaged?? Of course I did offer to tell her if her prices were good......

She has put the whole Ebay saga down to an expensive lesson and now gets her nails done at a salon! (Not mine as I live too far away)

What do you actually say to these people?!

One of my regular clients told me yesterday that her husband had bought her a nail kit off eBay for her Christmas present - no surprise when I asked her "which kit?" she answered "shellac with the CND lamp"- including scrubfresh, dsperse, base, top and 5 colours - no dsolve or remover wraps. I've no idea how much the husband paid and she admitted they were probably fake (she mentioned the boxes stated made in Beijing). What is really annoying is that I've provided a great Shellac service for her over the last 18 months, that she's been really pleased with, and she/her husband think its ok to buy fake products and have a go at doing it herself without any professional training or experience. Who knows what chemicals are in the products! Anyway, whilst its a shame I've lost a regular client, it'll be me who has the last laugh if she comes back when she realises the product doesn't perform and I'll not be able to fit her due to having a full diary! Rant over.

I had the same thing told to me from a colleague at work!

She used to get shellac done, then was going to come to me, (but never came).

She said her husband bought the shellac kit for her from Xmas!

I didn't say anything to her, because previous to that she was asking me all kinds of questions about buying CND from the Internet, and I told her they are fakes, as to buy CND shellac you have to be qualified in mani & pedi.

I'm waiting for her to try it and then when she comes to me when something's gone wrong with it, or advice on how to apply I'm not going to tell her anything, except that you have to be qualified to use such products.

Latest posts

Back