CND Shellac & Trade; Pro and new CND Shellac certification program

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dnx

Reaction score
What is this and is it for the uk or just USA?

USA I think. It's a way of only professionals who have actually taken the classes to be listed on the CND website I think. Similar to our loveshellac locator in the UK.

I'm sure someone will be along soon who knows more xx

Thanks stephiebaby x

I recently completed the class here in the states. Instead of the salon locater they are certifying actual technicians. I think they had issues about people changing salons/ moving states, etc. So this way works best. I personally think its great. Its a course that covers the very basics regarding pep, thin application, why to use 99 IPA, etc. You must bring 6 colors, top and base, scrubfresh, cuticle away, cnd uv lamp, cnd remover wraps, nourishing remover and 99% IPA so they are aware you use the whole system. I believe it is only a US certification.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using SalonGeek

What is this and is it for the uk or just USA?

We have an even better salon locator in the UK ! Only regular buyers and users of the complete Shellac system are eligible.

CND Shellac & Vinylux

If you are not signed up to it and in it, then do it NOW if you qualify. There are salon locators for Shellac users and VINYLUX .

You can find out how to do it on the S2 website in the manage your account section.

We have an even better salon locator in the UK ! Only regular buyers and users of the complete Shellac system are eligible.

CND Shellac & Vinylux

If you are not signed up to it and in it, then do it NOW if you qualify. There are salon locators for Shellac users and VINYLUX .

You can find out how to do it on the S2 website in the manage your account section.

Morning Gigi and thank you!

I'm already on it and order regularly enough to remain on it :D xx

Morning Gigi and thank you!

I'm already on it and order regularly enough to remain on it :D xx

Unfortunately here in Spain I cannot view the salon locator else I would have checked! Lol.

The idea of the salon locator is superb however I feel the execution is flawed, it is discriminatory to new, small and expanding business who need the help the most. I have done the correct training and stock all three products (Minx, Shellac and Vinylux) but I do not show on the locator, why not I ask myself, it is apparently because I do no purchase regularly enough!!!!!

When I do purchase the products I purchase in bulk, I also save my money and buy lots at the 2 shows I go to each year.

I do not show on the vinylux locator because my last order (which I stayed up until midnight to do) of 16 bottles was not recent enough :Scared:

I do not show up on the shellac locator becuase my last order was not recent enough but I went to the show in March and spent nearly £300, I have 33 colours nicely presented on the wall rack, I also have 2 lamps :Scared:

I do not show up on the minx locator because a few shows ago there was a fab offer and I again spent in excess of £200, I have 35 different designs, they are all presented well. Minx is not very popular at the moment in our area so could really do with help with finding clients that would like it :Scared:

I have also purchased some products from Ellisons who are an authorised supplier as you only need to spend £50 for free delivery (handy when you only need a few items) and every business needs to try to keep their costs under control.

I do love all three products and would love to use them more so a bit of help would really be appreciated. :Love:

I appreciate that there needs to be criteria but feel that we should be able to added manually to the system by supplying confirmation that we have the correct tools and are purchasing

The idea of the salon locator is superb however I feel the execution is flawed, it is discriminatory to new, small and expanding business who need the help the most. I have done the correct training and stock all three products (Minx, Shellac and Vinylux) but I do not show on the locator, why not I ask myself, it is apparently because I do no purchase regularly enough!!!!!

When I do purchase the products I purchase in bulk, I also save my money and buy lots at the 2 shows I go to each year.

I do not show on the vinylux locator because my last order (which I stayed up until midnight to do) of 16 bottles was not recent enough :Scared:

I do not show up on the shellac locator becuase my last order was not recent enough but I went to the show in March and spent nearly £300, I have 33 colours nicely presented on the wall rack, I also have 2 lamps :Scared:

I do not show up on the minx locator because a few shows ago there was a fab offer and I again spent in excess of £200, I have 35 different designs, they are all presented well. Minx is not very popular at the moment in our area so could really do with help with finding clients that would like it :Scared:

I have also purchased some products from Ellisons who are an authorised supplier as you only need to spend £50 for free delivery (handy when you only need a few items) and every business needs to try to keep their costs under control.

I do love all three products and would love to use them more so a bit of help would really be appreciated. :Love:

I appreciate that there needs to be criteria but feel that we should be able to added manually to the system by supplying confirmation that we have the correct tools and are purchasing

If you want to stay on the locator then it is very easy to do once you start to work to the system instead of expecting the system to suit your system and every other person who may have a different system. :lol: It is certainly not meant to be discriminatory but it is, I think fair to most and gives a good lead time for purchases.

Ordering once in every 60 days I think is a really fair criteria for all. The locator is an S2 run site and Ellisons don't want their customers on it for some reason so they do not support it. Why not speak to S2 regarding ellisons orders instead of salon geek, where no one will hear your plea! :hug:

Last edited:
If you want to stay on the locator then it is very easy to do once you start to work to the system instead of expecting the system to suit your system and every other person who may have a different system. :lol: It is certainly not meant to be discriminatory but it is, I think fair to most and gives a good lead time for purchases.

Ordering once in every 60 days I think is a really fair criteria for all. The locator is an S2 run site and Ellisons don't want their customers on it for some reason so they do not support it. Why not speak to S2 regarding ellisons orders instead of salon geek, where no one will hear your plea! :hug:

Thanks for the reply, I do work with the system but I also have to consider the needs of my clients, many of whom ask for Gelish.

I am (along with plenty of others) battling with salons who use other products and tell people it is Shellac, in the last 3 months I have managed to persudade 4 clients (after persistent badgering) to try Shellac at our salon and when doing the PEP I have been told the last place didn't do all this :evil: but sadly many clients will not be persudaded so being on the locater will bring more Shellac clients my way therefore allowing me to order more.

Ordering every 60 days is quite a lot when you bulk order to save postage which I always do. My orders at Ellisons are not huge but my purchases at shows are.

I commented on here as it is a discussion site and I am just opening the discussion. :hug:

williams, i understand your frustration but as with every system it is never going to please everyone.

However once you are busy just buying at the shows is not enough to keep up with stock, i go to both the london shows and stock up on shellac etc like you spending afew hundred but i still have to spend at least every other month with s2 aswell. Yes i could stock up more but there is always something and i dont want to hold stock of more than one of each item at a time, not when i also stock other systems. To me that would be a waste of product sitting there? just my opinion of course.

I dont think the system is flawed as such it just doesnt suit you in particular. The only thing that bothers me is that i think you should only be able to go on the locator if you have done the shellac training. I feel this because too many salons/techs out there are using shellac but not as a proper system especially the removal and it is those who give the rest of us a bad name!

williams, i understand your frustration but as with every system it is never going to please everyone.

However once you are busy just buying at the shows is not enough to keep up with stock, i go to both the london shows and stock up on shellac etc like you spending afew hundred but i still have to spend at least every other month with s2 aswell. Yes i could stock up more but there is always something and i dont want to hold stock of more than one of each item at a time, not when i also stock other systems. To me that would be a waste of product sitting there? just my opinion of course.

I dont think the system is flawed as such it just doesnt suit you in particular. The only thing that bothers me is that i think you should only be able to go on the locator if you have done the shellac training. I feel this because too many salons/techs out there are using shellac but not as a proper system especially the removal and it is those who give the rest of us a bad name!

I am positive, souz, that one can only be on the Salon Locator if they have done the Shellac Training. If not ... no.

I understand that you can't please all of the people all of the time but my point is that a system like this should suit the likes of my, I have done all the appropriate training and I am looking to do more each year, I have a good range of products, I use the entire system and I try to promote to my clients.

I am different to you in the way I purchase, I love to see what I am buying so stock well at the shows I just wish I lived near Leeds so I could shop when I wanted, your reason for not holding stock is not wrong if it works for you, I on the other hand like to have plenty of items that I do use alot as I have fallen fowl of stock being out when ordering.

I understand that you can't please all of the people all of the time but my point is that a system like this should suit the likes of my, I have done all the appropriate training and I am looking to do more each year, I have a good range of products, I use the entire system and I try to promote to my clients.

I am different to you in the way I purchase, I love to see what I am buying so stock well at the shows I just wish I lived near Leeds so I could shop when I wanted, your reason for not holding stock is not wrong if it works for you, I on the other hand like to have plenty of items that I do use alot as I have fallen fowl of stock being out when ordering.

There are a few of us in similar positions to you, so you are not alone :hug: This has been discussed a lot and also answered on here so there is an awareness and an understanding from those in charge that those of us who work this way feel like this.

The only thing I can suggest is that you look upon it as something you pay for in that you spend your delivery cost every two months to stay on the locator and think of it as an advertising cost. Although I am yet to be shown on Analytics that there has been more than one referral. I do hope that the addition of Vinylux may push the awareness of the locator up.

The only thing I can suggest is that you look upon it as something you pay for in that you spend your delivery cost every two months to stay on the locator and think of it as an advertising cost. Although I am yet to be shown on Analytics that there has been more than one referral. I do hope that the addition of Vinylux may push the awareness of the locator up.[/QUOTE]

I have never looked at it like that before thanks for the eureka momonet :Love:

So if you do all your training up to Master Painter but you don't order regularly (every 60 days) because of bulk buying, are you still allowed on the locator? That would seem fair to those that are passionate about reaching the top of their profession, to be offered its part of the MP status.

I'm a tiny little one person business doing mostly Shellac and some L&P and Gel. Not once have I found it hard to not be able to stay on the locator as I've not needed anything. Even if its Top Coat it still counts and this is added to my wipes, files and other disposable what nots order.

Love it because I'm the only one on it in my area and I know that it's because I'm the only one using the full system and correct procedure. Some of my clients are very savvy and did their homework before getting shellac and that's why they are with me (plus they love their nails too can I add :))))
Vicki x

So if you do all your training up to Master Painter but you don't order regularly (every 60 days) because of bulk buying, are you still allowed on the locator? That would seem fair to those that are passionate about reaching the top of their profession, to be offered its part of the MP status.

Love this idea :hug:

I'm a tiny little one person business doing mostly Shellac and some L&P and Gel. Not once have I found it hard to not be able to stay on the locator as I've not needed anything. Even if its Top Coat it still counts and this is added to my wipes, files and other disposable what nots order.

Vicki x

As I have explained I have always purchased in bulk as I have plenty of storage in the salon and have always seen the postage cost as added expense therefore reducing the profits of the business, however I do love nicole333's suggestion of looking at it as more of an advertising cost and intend to try this for a period.

I am positive, souz, that one can only be on the Salon Locator if they have done the Shellac Training. If not ... no.

ooh then i love it, i thought that you just had to order regularly!! sorry s2 you know i love you!xx

Latest posts

Back