CND Solar Oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Classynailz

Reaction score
I currently give all my first time Shellac clients a free pinkie of solar oil, and then offer to sell them another bottle when they finish it. Im looking at the refill bottle and wandering if I would be better to buy that and offer refills. Does anyone know how much pinkie bottles I could refill with this?

Any advice would be much appreciated. 😊

The large round bottle has 68mls in it & the pinkies have 3.7 mls so it would re fill 18 bottles :)

There is a larger 4oz Solar Oil for salon refill which is even better value ... but beware .. if you are going to refill then you need to be scrupulously clean. Better make sure your insurance allows you to sell products like his too.

It Can be very tricky when you are re-selling and decanting a substance that is going to be put onto a client's skin. If someone had any kind of a reaction, then it would be the end of your business if a person decided to sue. You do put yourself into a very vulnerable position once your clients know you are doing things like this. Just a warning.

There is a larger 4oz Solar Oil for salon refill which is even better value ... but beware .. if you are going to refill then you need to be scrupulously clean. Better make sure your insurance allows you to sell products like his too.

It Can be very tricky when you are re-selling and decanting a substance that is going to be put onto a client's skin. If someone had any kind of a reaction, then it would be the end of your business if a person decided to sue. You do put yourself into a very vulnerable position once your clients know you are doing things like this. Just a warning.

Aww, thanks Geeg. I never even gave that a thought. I just assumed that's what the refill bottles were for. Can I ask why this would be different than refilling a bottle that's being used in a salon?

I think I'll give my insurance a call and see what they say. I'd have thought as long as you are selling it as a refill it would be ok.

Aww, thanks Geeg. I never even gave that a thought. I just assumed that's what the refill bottles were for. Can I ask why this would be different than refilling a bottle that's being used in a salon?

I think I'll give my insurance a call and see what they say. I'd have thought as long as you are selling it as a refill it would be ok.
I would say because you are selling it to them and the public liability. There really is no difference but one thing you are covered for and the other you are not. TBH I never refill my pro bottle of Solar Oil, I always buy a new round bottle for the salon. I do tend to be ultra cautious about these things. I use my 4 oz at home .. For everything lol.

Latest posts

Back