CND vs Ezflow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Just want sum advice of which would be the best course to take i'm torn between Ezflow & CND. I've got an information pack from Ezflow n im going down to CND's academy in an hr but just wanted sum opinions first before i decide.

Kelly

We don't have an Academy in MK?? If you want to get the proper CND Education info then make sure you call the CND network - 0845 210 6060! Do not waste money on education that may not be valid!!!

I hope this helps!:!:

Last edited:
It's always difficult when it's an 'Either/or' situation, especially in the beginning, isn't it? CND and Ezflow are both excellent companies and each has a lot to offer in different ways. Happily, once you get a grounding in the nail industry, you can pick and choose what suits you best and then retain those aspects of each company that appeals to you the most. You may find you're an all or nothing type of person with a particular product line or you're happy to mix and match to some extent <and I'm not talking mixing and matching liquids and powders here!>. It really shouldn't matter, as long as you're happy with what you're getting from your training and products. It really is up to you. :)

There is nothing to stop you from a bit of exploration later on and that's what a lot of techs have done, until they settle for a specific brand or combination of a couple <or more> that suits them. You may not feel the need or desire, it's entirely your choice. There shouldn't be any need to feel guilty or like some sort of traitor for it and yet I suspect that may sometimes be the case? Personally, I think it's good to explore a bit. You may well return to your original choice, but it's no bad thing to keep an open mind.

I can appreciate what has been said, to some extent, about having a rapport with trainers. Personally, I have never had a bad one, but 'Have' experienced different levels of commitment and reliability from one to another. That shouldn't deter anyone from a particular company, though, as it's an individual thing and there is more than one trainer per company!

Just enjoy your chosen training, you won't go wrong with it. Good luck! :hug:

Hi Kelly,

Keep in mind that I am in New Zealand, which is worlds apart (in many ways) from the UK as far as what is available as far as training and products. Nevertheless, I will give you my .02.

Call around. You will get a very pro-creative mindset on here, its a given, and thats fine, as long as you don't let that dissuade you from doing your research in an objective manner.

Talk to people - such as you are doing here but also in real life. Go into local salons and explain what you are wanting to do and some may blow you off, but some may actually talk to you and give you advice. Not going to know unless you try.

Do your research - with both EZ Flow and Creative you get your kit as part of your training, so you'll have product included, not a seperate item (some others may do this, but I don't know as I've no experience)

You CAN and SHOULD ring around to various training providers and trainers to see if you CLICK. I can tell you from experience that you can accomplish a lot with a telephone. If you ring someone up and they don't want to talk with you and provide some productive input, I wouldn't shortlist them to give them my money. Do keep in mind that if they are busy, it may take them a while to get back to you, so be patient as well. Email is sometimes the better option, but make sure you make yourself very clear what you are asking and what you want from your training.

As you are in the UK, you have many more options than I did here. Use that to your advantage.

Good luck with your research!

Nancy :)

I agree.

I have often spoken to potential students before they have booked a course, when they have just phoned for some information.
Knowing me they got a lot more than they bargained for, as I can talk about nails until the proverbial cows come home!!!!:rolleyes:

This first contact can be very important, and I have had students tell me it made a big difference to them before they attended the first day, that they felt they already 'knew' me.

This was with both CND in Glasgow and EzFlow Scotland, as I have always been involved in some way in the office/admin side of things too.

I know this isn't always possible, especially in big organisations where staff have different reponsibilities, and Educators aren't always on site, but I do feel it is a bit unfair to dismiss the importance of 'clicking' with a potential educator out of hand.

Also whilst on this subject, during conversations with potential students, if dates and course criteria, geography etc etc, were going to be major problems for them, then I have even given them the phone number of alternative training providers!!
Why not?
I know a lot of great educators out there, and this attitude has brought a lot of people back to me for other courses when dates etc did suit them.

Once you have done a course with one company it is not carved in stone that you have to stay with them for life. Although, there is something to be said for, if it works for you don't fix it, but there is nothing wrong with dipping your toe out of your comfort zone every so often :eek:

I know many technicians that use 1 companies gel, another companies pink & white acrylic and yet anothers colour powders, they attend courses with all the companies.

Good luck with whatever course you finally book, both provide excellent education, and you can always do more courses with whomever ;) after your initial beginners course.

I agree.

I have often spoken to potential students before they have booked a course, when they have just phoned for some information.
Knowing me they got a lot more than they bargained for, as I can talk about nails until the proverbial cows come home!!!!:rolleyes:

This first contact can be very important, and I have had students tell me it made a big difference to them before they attended the first day, that they felt they already 'knew' me.

This was with both CND in Glasgow and EzFlow Scotland, as I have always been involved in some way in the office/admin side of things too.

I know this isn't always possible, especially in big organisations where staff have different reponsibilities, and Educators aren't always on site, but I do feel it is a bit unfair to dismiss the importance of 'clicking' with a potential educator out of hand.

Also whilst on this subject, during conversations with potential students, if dates and course criteria, geography etc etc, were going to be major problems for them, then I have even given them the phone number of alternative training providers!!
Why not?
I know a lot of great educators out there, and this attitude has brought a lot of people back to me for other courses when dates etc did suit them.

Once you have done a course with one company it is not carved in stone that you have to stay with them for life. Although, there is something to be said for, if it works for you don't fix it, but there is nothing wrong with dipping your toe out of your comfort zone every so often :eek:

I know many technicians that use 1 companies gel, another companies pink & white acrylic and yet anothers colour powders, they attend courses with all the companies.

Good luck with whatever course you finally book, both provide excellent education, and you can always do more courses with whomever ;) after your initial beginners course.
constructive comments from your knowledge and practial work experience, your opions are very valid

Latest posts

Back