cold sore - anyone got some tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea27

Reaction score
hi,I am in my late 20s and never had a cold sore before! I am really not sure how I got it! My partner has never had it before so I definately did'nt catch it from him. I obviously got it from touching something that had the virus on it. I am a very clean person and constantly wash my hands.
I went to the pharmacy and got these patches that I stick on the cold sore. I know it takes about a week to go away but was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get rid of it quicker?

Having a Cold sore doesn't mean you're not clean.

We all carry the virus as far as I know, it lies dormant in the mucus membrane and can sometimes be triggered by stress.

The patches are great for night time but I find Zivorax the best to get rid of it fast... I haven't found anything to work quicker than that I'm afraid.

Having cold sores does not mean you are dirty. Most are caused by the Herpes simplex 1 virus. Sadly, for me and now possibly you, it will lay dormant in your system until it flares up again. My triggers are being run down, or sunbeds!

I buy an over the counter cream with an active ingredient in it and just constantly reapply it every hour in the first few days. This is actually more frequently than stated on the instructions, but that's my choice. I have found that by doing this and catching it straight away, as soon as I feel it, means it will be gone within the week.

Thank you guys for quick replies.

Latest posts

Back