College entry advice required for Beauty Therapy Level 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma-Claire

Reaction score
Good morning! Thank you for allowing me to join up. I have applied to college to study Beauty Therapy Level 3.
I am 43 �� and desperately want to retrain via the massage route. I did a course about 20 years ago but everything has changed and I feel I need to update my qualifications. My question is will I have to do Level 2 first? Waxing someone's bikini line doesn't interest me - I want to do massage, aromatherapy and also reflexology. I have an interview on 19th August and soooo want this. Thank you for your advice ��

Hello....is anyone able to advise me on my question above? Thank you ☺

Is it NVQ level 3 you have applied to do? When I was at college you had to have level 2 to do the level 3 coarse. If your not interested in waxing ect maybe you should look into holistic courses instead of beauty therapy. 😊 x

Possible better for you to contact and review local courses in your area always train with the best you can afford my advice I hope that helps :) x

was your previous course you completed a level 2 in beauty therapy? as i am in the same position as you, wanting to just specialize in massage and aromatherapy and not really interested in waxing etc, although i havent completed my level 2 beauty course yet so i have to complete my basic level 2 course to be able to get into the level 3 massage route

It might be worth you looking at the L3 complementary therapy as that includes massage and aromatherapy. I think the L3 beauty only uses pre-mixed oils xxx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can do the level 3 massage route without needing to do level 2 first x

You can do the level 3 massage route without needing to do level 2 first x

is this true across all colleges? i would that option to just complete level 3 with massage?

I'm not sure that it's correct amongst all colleges. When I was at college u had to have your level 2 as an entry requirement for level 3.

If you already have been given an interview then you must have filled in an enrolment form and that's how u hav got your interview coming up?!
So surely they are aware of your circumstance?

no, ive not filled an enrolment form in i applied online to the course and now have an interview date thats all just to go through the content etc, il have to contact my college x

is this true across all colleges? i would that option to just complete level 3 with massage?

Thanks for all your comments. I have been told that as I did a course years ago and got a diploma back then that I can go straight into level 3 massage route. I am fortunate enough to have a state of the art college just down the road and if push came to shove would be happy to do level 2 alongside 3 if there was no other option. However college administration seemed to think I could just do 3 but I'm just worried as for my interview it says bring portfolio and expected grades etc.... I'm 43 did o levels way before gcses and haven't done it for years. Having been made redundant twice in a year and just finishing a short term contract I have decided I need to do something for me. Own hours etc. I have a pre course project to do that was sent to be done before course starts...will do that and present at my interview. X

It might be worth you looking at the L3 complementary therapy as that includes massage and aromatherapy. I think the L3 beauty only uses pre-mixed oils xxx

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

when I did my NVQ level 3 it was aromatherapy we didn't use pre blended oils we had to blend them ourselves but that was almost 9 years ago it might have all changed now x

when I did my NVQ level 3 it was aromatherapy we didn't use pre blended oils we had to blend them ourselves but that was almost 9 years ago it might have all changed now x

Yh it has : L3 is pre blended aromatherapy massage ... <3

Yh it has : L3 is pre blended aromatherapy massage ... <3
9 years ago is more recent than the course I did over 20 years ago! So want this...have interview on Tuesday. I don't gave a portfolio to take as I haven't been in the industry for so long. But have completed the pre course commencement project so hopefully they will see that I'm keen and committed. I hope my lack of recent experience doesn't count against me. There is alsi an assessment at the interview. Can anyone tell me what to expect with this please?...Nerves kicking in. Thank you all &#55357;&#56836;

Latest posts

Back