College Manicure Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Jo

Creative Geek :)
Reaction score
I am due to enrol at college today for 15 week manicure course (diploma course I think) 3 hours every Tuesday evening. Has anyone else done this course and found it worthwhile? It was originally 10 weeks followed by 10 weeks advanced nails and the 10 weeks nail art but they have reduced nail art by 5 weeks and added it to manicure course.
Thanks for your advice :)
Jo xx

*Jo* said:
I am due to enrol at college today for 15 week manicure course (diploma course I think) 3 hours every Tuesday evening. Has anyone else done this course and found it worthwhile? It was originally 10 weeks followed by 10 weeks advanced nails and the 10 weeks nail art but they have reduced nail art by 5 weeks and added it to manicure course.
Thanks for your advice :)
Jo xx

I think it depends on your the quality of your tutor on the course.

Its important to get the as much practical work you do in the classes and make sure the tutor sees your work and dont be afraid to ask as many questions as you feel you need to, this is so important. ...

I did the VCTC for Advanced Nails which included manicure and yes I enjoyed it and it was worth while but sometimes I had to push my tutor to do more practicals

HI Hun
I think it really sepends on the tutor!! I had a fab tutor when i did my manicure course at college and we were really taught well but my friend did a manicure course at the same college and her tutor was pants and passed every one regardless of whether they could do the job correctly or not!

Thanks guys :)
I will go and ask the tutor loads of questions then and see how i get on :)

Jo xx

I agree - depends on your tutor - but the course is quite thorough and just ask as many q's as you want. When I went on my course I wanted to know everything, I asked lots of q's. wen on the internet and did a lot of my own research as well....good luck with it....

Hi Jo

It sounds very familiar. I have just enrolled on a manicure 3 hours every Tuesday evening starting next week (28th). Originally the course was for 10 weeks but they wrote to me last week to extend it for a further 5 weeks. Are you going to Pendleton college? It would be good to have a fellow geek on the same course as me.
If not we could always compare notes.

thanks Liz

Hi Jo
i am doing a vctc coarse ,holistic therapy in manicure and nail extentions.
I am now in my 4th week which is run for 24 weeks,our class is for 3 hours a night on a thursday,it is divided in to two parts theory at the first half and practical in the sencond .i have just started the manicure procedure which is great fun cant wait to do nail extentions. overall so far i found the last four weeks very useful (but get stressed with the homework and assignments )but will be worth it in the end.my advise is to practice on family and friends as much as possible if you feel you are not doing as much practical in class.practice makes peee..rfect

goodluck and all the best
linzi x

Latest posts

Back