college or fast track ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjayp

Reaction score
hi, i'm thinking of doing a beauty therapy course, but not sure on which route to take, Nvq level 2 for 1 year or fast track ?
will i get the same qualifications ?also there are 2 colleges in my area doing the same nvq course, how will i know if i'm choosing the right one, wot if i start and then i find the lecturers not teaching to the standard, i'm so confused, as i'm a mature student, time is precious, so cannot, afford to waste any time,i have an interview at the college soon, but i won't be able to ask any students about the training as it is now summer holidays.:(

If its the speed of the qualification that's your main concern, I'd actually suggest college.

College takes a year and we know that. But I am doing a course with the Carlton Institute and actually, I suspect the total time it will take me to qualify is from 6 months of starting my nvq2 and that's with one huge workload that I've been completing at home.

To take the panic out of it, embrace the chance to go to college with September around the corner where it can be easier to find clients to practice on.

Learning privately is great don't get me wrong but the main reason I chose it was due to it being April when I decided to make the change into beauty rather than September.

Best of luck with it :)

Latest posts

Back