color advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvin d

Reaction score
Hello,need a little advice,ive been doing hair for a while but when it comes to color i get a little nervous with blondes, have a client level 6 with heavy platium highlights and now she wants to go back to a level six , but need a filler ,could anyone recommend a good one was told to use a little 6/64 majirel with 1 oz of warm water...then put 6n on top process for 30 min . any sugg would be wonderful ,,thanks:)

Hello,need a little advice,ive been doing hair for a while but when it comes to color i get a little nervous with blondes, have a client level 6 with heavy platium highlights and now she wants to go back to a level six , but need a filler ,could anyone recommend a good one was told to use a little 6/64 majirel with 1 oz of warm water...then put 6n on top process for 30 min . any sugg would be wonderful ,,thanks:)

Hi Marvin, sorry I don't use Marjerel
and I am not sure if you have got grey roots to contend with too ?

but ....I would do some test pieces first in case of grab ....

Unless you can pick out all those heavily bleached bits and wrap them separately in foils using a separate warmer tone perhaps even a level lighter ? at the ends .....
Then after foiling all the bleached bits
swap over and do the grey roots with your 6n develop and take through accordingly

if there are no grey roots to contend with ?
what about talking to your client into a nice rich warmer colour all over perhaps with a nice Loreal Quasi semi instead .... rather a level 6n
because even with a warm filler on the bleached bits the level 6n could easily grab much darker on the ends of the porous parts.

I would test piece this bleached porous hair all the way ....

plus you may even need a level lighter toward the ends on the bleached bits . I hope that made sense ...
hopefully someone who uses majerel can help out you some more ?

6.64 is way too red to use as a filler under base 6. It will glow pinky orange. I would use a light coppergold semi, then wash off, dry, and on with the 6.
Majirel is not dense coverage so filler must be correct with the tones you use.

You should always fill the underlying tone of the level 2 shades up. Going on par, 6 on 6 will come up neon, and likely too dark. Your only trying to replace 1/3 of your desired result with pre pigging.

Latest posts

Back