Color ID and Olaplex?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireKitty

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Wella Color ID and Olaplex together in the same formula? Is there any reason they wouldn't play well together? I'm going to do some test strands later today but I'd love to hear anyone's experiences. I've been using Color ID on a lot of my clients who are over-processed and want to transition to something low maintenance, and I'd love to be able to get the Olaplex in there for the damaged hair.

I would test on a manequin first. Both change the colour chemicals slightly so I can not imagine it being a good idea. No point in.over complecating your mix.

Do a treatment first! The treatments are wonderful. I'm pretty sure olaplex and id play well together, but i don't have any hands on experience with id. I have, however, used the olaplex treatment for clients like you described above. Completely worth it!

Last edited:
I have used Olaplex with Color ID! They work great together!

Do a treatment first! The treatments are wonderful. I'm pretty sure olaplex and id play well together, but i don't have any hands on experience with id. I have, however, used the olaplex treatment for clients like you described above. Completely worth it!
I actually tested the treatment on my own hair recently, it works soooo well. It even brought back some of my curl that had loosened up with processing. Definitely going to be reccing it to my clients.

I was amazed how it restored lost curl pattern. It happened right before my eyes. I mixed olaplex and wella color touch with 1.9% doing a tintback. The client's hair had been bleached a couple of times with god only knows what before she came to me, and most of the curl had left her hair.

Latest posts

Back