Color Touch question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamaur man

Reaction score
Hi Guys/girls.

I have just completed a full head Color Touch 55/65 on client who has natural base level 5
I must say that I am rather dissapointed with the result. It turned out more like 44/65 Nowhere near as vibrant as I thought.
Do you think that the vibrant reds/violets in color touch will only live up to their expectations if only applied to levels 7 and above. Anyone else had problems with the intense shades. :mad:

Hi Guys/girls.

I have just completed a full head Color Touch 55/65 on client who has natural base level 5
I must say that I am rather dissapointed with the result. It turned out more like 44/65 Nowhere near as vibrant as I thought.
Do you think that the vibrant reds/violets in color touch will only live up to their expectations if only applied to levels 7 and above. Anyone else had problems with the intense shades. :mad:

She had no tint on her hair? I always find this colour comes out really bright for a quasi. Are you sure she wasn't more of a 4 to start with? Did you use 4% wella developer? X

She had no tint on her hair? I always find this colour comes out really bright for a quasi. Are you sure she wasn't more of a 4 to start with? Did you use 4% wella developer? X

Hi Nikki.

Her hair was virgin and it appeared to be level 5
You could be right. Maybe it was more of a level 4 which is why it didn't seem that vibrant, and yeh I did use 4% because of the vibrancy of the shade.

I suppose on a level 4 there's nothing I could have done with the mix to make it look more like 55/65 Maybe the only thing to do is use a permanent tint.
She didn't really want a permanent, having really fine weak hair.
Thanks for your input Nikki. :wink2: xx

Anytime ;) I did wonder as I've used 55/65 on base 5 already tinted hair and obviously it doesn't lift but it really does add lots of vibrancy like a pinky purlpe and looked quite bright in the sunlight so maybe yes your client was a 4 and anything as dark as that it is hard to see much tone x

Latest posts

Back