colour advice 11 to 5 or 6

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren89

Reaction score
my client usually has a full head of 11 (majirel) with half head of bleach wit 40vol woven h/l (yes ive realised after reading threads on here that this very naughty and i wont be doing it again) and now she's wanting to go to a base 5 or 6. Ive took her darker before using 5.3 (majirel) and 20vol and its turned out a nice colour, but again after reading threads on here i think there may be a better way to do it (maybe wit a 10vol?) so geeks im open to any suggestions please. xx

Why use 20 vol? You don't need lift, and the cuticle is more than open if you previously used bleach.
10 vol with a preblended shade will fill/pre-pig at the same time, but using 20 is not needed.
Problem with having used 40 vol, is that the shaft is degraded, and may not want to hold color well, so you will get substantial fading.

i was taught at college and in the salon were i done my apprenticeship to use 20vol and that 10vol was for quasi, ive realised that i can use 10vol thanks to this site, lol. xx

Last edited:
hi, do u have any grey to cover and what is the natural base?

she has a 1cm growth of base 7 with a few greys comin through. xx

ok so i would use dia r 6.23 with dia releaser, this will cover the 11, add a little warmth and sort the few greys!!! hth x

ooh ill try that! Thats alot for your help. :) xx

Latest posts

Back