Colour advice/correction and Illumina advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND2304

Reaction score
ok so why is it family members are the worst clients going my own mother just doesn’t bloody listen.
Anyway she’s been having high lift tint for a while now, natural level 6/7 lifts very warm. Wanted a colour melt with a warm level 7, I pre pigged and applied 7.3 to roots into a lovely clean blonde looked lovely. Mum loved it. 1 week later hated it and used a colour remover and just called me to tell me. Now wants to be an ashy or neutral level 8. Sigh.
I’ve told her to leave it for a good few week before I do anything to it and she has agreed.
Anyway I am mostly trained in L’Oréal not wella but have had illumina used on my hair and LOVE the results and wanting to use this on my mum now but need a bit of advice. Her hair is now currently a light strawberry blonde ish colour and then the ends are a level 10 blonde.
I’m wanting to use a level 8 illumina colour on roots either 8.1 or 8/69 with 9% but then how would I take this through to the ends as these colours are not available in colour touch and I don’t want to take it through with 6%. Could I use their color touch 1.9% or their pastel developer to take it through on the blonde ends and which would be better? And will it last using either one of these peroxides?

ok so why is it family members are the worst clients going my own mother just doesn’t bloody listen.
Anyway she’s been having high lift tint for a while now, natural level 6/7 lifts very warm. Wanted a colour melt with a warm level 7, I pre pigged and applied 7.3 to roots into a lovely clean blonde looked lovely. Mum loved it. 1 week later hated it and used a colour remover and just called me to tell me. Now wants to be an ashy or neutral level 8. Sigh.
I’ve told her to leave it for a good few week before I do anything to it and she has agreed.
Anyway I am mostly trained in L’Oréal not wella but have had illumina used on my hair and LOVE the results and wanting to use this on my mum now but need a bit of advice. Her hair is now currently a light strawberry blonde ish colour and then the ends are a level 10 blonde.
I’m wanting to use a level 8 illumina colour on roots either 8.1 or 8/69 with 9% but then how would I take this through to the ends as these colours are not available in colour touch and I don’t want to take it through with 6%. Could I use their color touch 1.9% or their pastel developer to take it through on the blonde ends and which would be better? And will it last using either one of these peroxides?
You could use a mixture of I would use 7/81+9/60 this would be better for covering the warmth that you're talking about. If you're wanting to take the colour through the prelightened hair pastel is the recommended developer. Although I wouldn't use those colours on the mid lengths and ends it will be much flatter and cooler than the top.

Latest posts

Back