Colour advice for clients point of view

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharkster

Reaction score
Hi Hair Geeks,

I'm not a hair pro but I'm looking for some advice as a client.

I am thinking of changing my hair colour for something quite radical and I'm not 100% sure it will suit me so before I spend the usual £100 at my salon I was thinking of trying a box colour from boots etc.

Is this a good idea or not? Are there any brands that would be ok to use or any that I should swerve? I'm not worried if it doesn't last as it is really just as a colour guide before I get it done professionally.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't quite find the answers in a search.

Thanks for your help

X

Hi Hair Geeks,

I'm not a hair pro but I'm looking for some advice as a client.

I am thinking of changing my hair colour for something quite radical and I'm not 100% sure it will suit me so before I spend the usual £100 at my salon I was thinking of trying a box colour from boots etc.

Is this a good idea or not? Are there any brands that would be ok to use or any that I should swerve? I'm not worried if it doesn't last as it is really just as a colour guide before I get it done professionally.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't quite find the answers in a search.

Thanks for your help

X

imho you should swerve the box colours all together!

if you are going for a radical change its even more reason to get a colour consultation to find out if it will suit and talk it through. if you put a box colour on and then discover you dont like it you'll be looking at a colour correction service to fix it again, costing you more than you originally wanted to avoid. At least if you have a good hairdresser they will be able to advise and avoid any heartache in the long run :)

Thank you that's just the good advice I was looking for, I will give them a miss then!

X

Latest posts

Back