Colour blend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmylou411

Reaction score
I am obsessed with this guy Mounir if anyone else has heard of him. His work is amazing and I would really love to know how he creates so beautifully blended lines? Is the trick in the back combing? The heavier the better or just a little bit? I never know how much to do. Ide love to know how to create a seamless blend of highlights that diffuse down from high up the hair shaft into a heavier solid build of colour in the ends.

Attachments

• 3BCFAFD0-478F-4D04-8898-8B701B72CC81.png
    3BCFAFD0-478F-4D04-8898-8B701B72CC81.png
    4 MB · Views: 16
  • 2642DDFA-7AA0-4EF9-BD40-0C6C3BE3A533.png
    2642DDFA-7AA0-4EF9-BD40-0C6C3BE3A533.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 17
There's a few factors to take into consideration

Back combing: He does quite alot of backcombing to remove alot hair which really helps to difuse the line. There's a much easier way to isolate the hair without backcombing which I feel is much kinder to.the hair and more comfortable for the client. Have a look at danilo.bozic he does the airtouch technique.

Thickness of section: the finer the initial section will result in a better blended result.

Angle of sections: depending in what angle you take the section will give you a softer blend e.g. diagonal back/forward will help give a softer blend than a horizontal section.

After he has done the lifting he then goes through and does more blending using different colours eg. Paints onto the roots and then blends into a much lighter colour for the ends.

Best thing to do it practice the backcombing on a dolls head until you find the backcombing thwt works for you. I personally prefer airtouch because like it said kinder to the hair and the client whilst getting the same/better result.

I love @Piercednige reply, great advice!

If you take a section of hair and pull it out, you will notice the hair is most dense towards the scalp, as you move further down the section of hair it becomes finer. When you backcomb away some of that "dense" hair it becomes a lowlight to blur the highlights after you comb it back out.

I try and explain it in this video if that helps:

The lower down the hair you start your backcomb, the more diffused and blended the highlights will be.

You always want the backcombing to start lower down the hair, than your highlights will start. This ensures the start of your highlights will always have some backcombed hair to cover/blur the start of the highlights.

When you take a section and backcomb try and imagine how that backcombed hair will effect the result after brushed out. The second part of the technique is blending with toners, but if you can avoid any lines though your backcombing & colour application it will fade much nicer vs. thick highlights that rely on the toner to do all the blending. hth!

Latest posts

Back