Colour change advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hailskay

Reaction score
I'm colouring my clients hair this week,she's naturally a 6,and has a build up of bleach highlights with a small patch of grey at front hairline.shes wanting to go to a 7 all over, ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389644400.367595.jpg this is her now and wants to achieve this ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389644530.476786.jpg
I'll prepig the highlights with gold,this might be wrong but a colour technician I worked with taught me to use wella 0/33 diluted with water,then I'm thinking 7/1 with 6% and 7/7 with 4%,any other suggestions with wella would be great,should I add some special mix to the 7/1 as don't want too warm at root?

If you're working over bleached hair them id recommend using colour touch instead of koleston - you'll get a nicer result and it will hold better :) i personally wouldn't use ash because it looks like your client wants it quite warm - personally id strand test in something like 7/7 or 7/73 even, if she wants it really golden. You may not need to pre pig when using colour touch, if the hair is in good condition :)

Just re read your post and now I understand why you wanted to use 6% on your roots, to lift the regrowth - I would just use 7/0 in koleston as it should flatten the warmth out sufficiently x

That colour looks like a warm 6 with 8 level highlights in the top to me.. I would ask her if she likes the bottom on the pic or the top

Id go for the 7/7 rather than darker/warmer personally because darker might shock a blonde and blondes dont do too great with a ton of warmth either.

That colour looks like a warm 6 with 8 level highlights in the top to me.. I would ask her if she likes the bottom on the pic or the top

I did think the bottom looked more a 6,when I asked her she just said I want a medium honey brown.and liked the overall look,I said about adding pieces but she just wants to keep it simple and have an all over colour,but from the highlights she's already got I can imagine she'll get a few diff tones coming through x

If you're working over bleached hair them id recommend using colour touch instead of koleston - you'll get a nicer result and it will hold better :) i personally wouldn't use ash because it looks like your client wants it quite warm - personally id strand test in something like 7/7 or 7/73 even, if she wants it really golden. You may not need to pre pig when using colour touch, if the hair is in good condition :)

Thankyou,I was going to use the kp on the ends as thought give more shine and help condition,just worried incase it goes too warm,think some clients like the look of warmth on pics but on themselves they seem to say their ginger ha,I'll say to her again it's a warm look so if she's yes again I'll use 7/0 regrowth x

Id go for the 7/7 rather than darker/warmer personally because darker might shock a blonde and blondes dont do too great with a ton of warmth either.

Would you use 7/7 for regrowth too or just midlength and ends once I've prepiged?x

Natural colour to give you a dazzling look. Often changing the tone of hair can create a really striking effect, so dont pushed into a major changed.

Latest posts

Back