Colour change help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hey all

I'm planning on doing a colour change in a couple of weeks....blonde to dark on one of my clients.

She has the xxl blonde on her hair and will be using one of the chocolate browns in the affinage coffee shop collection, probably base 7 aiming for a 6, lovely colours and you don't need to pre pig before them as they are designed to cover porous bleach hair.

Ive seen many posts on here about lifting out xxl colours and colouring over resulting in fade...has anyone covered over an xxl blonde and had any issues with it?

Thanks

I think it's the xxl blacks that are more of a problem but I'd do a strand test to be sure-I know some xxl colours contain metallic salts xx

I think it's the xxl blacks that are more of a problem but I'd do a strand test to be sure-I know some xxl colours contain metallic salts xx

I plan to do a test or 2 to check salts and the colour! :)

Anyone else got any feedback?

Hi hun,

Yes i covered over the xxl but only after doing all the necessary tests( as you mentioned). I use Wella and i went straight in with a semi permanent, full head and it came out really chocolatey and lovely.

I think the main problems are with the darker colours but do test the hair as i have had a few clients where the hair was incompatible for a couple of months because of the salts x x Hope this helps

Hey all

I'm planning on doing a colour change in a couple of weeks....blonde to dark on one of my clients.

She has the xxl blonde on her hair and will be using one of the chocolate browns in the affinage coffee shop collection, probably base 7 aiming for a 6, lovely colours and you don't need to pre pig before them as they are designed to cover porous bleach hair.

Ive seen many posts on here about lifting out xxl colours and colouring over resulting in fade...has anyone covered over an xxl blonde and had any issues with it?

Thanks

Morning .......i think the other problem with the live colours is that they are silicone based so from what ive experienced and read on here anything that you attempt to cover them with has the potential to just rebound off the hair and the colour not hold. Ive not coloured over the blonde one but i do remember reading on here a while ago that when someone did using a warm brown it just came out really khaki and flat!

So perhaps pre pig just for peace of mind?....maybe just with gold as your colours dont normally need pre pigging? xXx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back