Colour change!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleBells10

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I had a new client come to see me today for a consultation(I don't work in a salon so no one else to ask opinions of). She has a full head of bleach highlights. She wants to go darker and I'm a little nervous. Could you give me your advice of how you would go about doing this, I have my way in my head but would appreciate your opinions also. I have attached photos of her hair and what she wants to achieve. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390602198.613962.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390602216.369525.jpg

Oh and she has about an inch regrowth and is around a base 6 x

What colour house do you use? I would do ombre with a base 7 on the top and tone down the ends x

I use L'Oreal x

Would you pre-colour?

What was your thoughts? X

Possibly use 6&7.3 on the regrowth/top part of ombré and then tone the ends but I worry when hair is this light. Not too sure on what to tone the ends with either. This is one of the reasons I miss the salon, having the girls to ask for their advice/opinions,I really lack confidence with colour. I'm perfectly capable just nervous!

Possibly use 6&7.3 on the regrowth/top part of ombré and then tone the ends but I worry when hair is this light. Not too sure on what to tone the ends with either. This is one of the reasons I miss the salon, having the girls to ask for their advice/opinions,I really lack confidence with colour. I'm perfectly capable just nervous!

Why a flat 6 then a warm base 7.3 together Hun? Yes I think a lot of oeople use this forum for that also! You will gain lots of confidence from this site! There's some great professional on here that will be willing to help you If we can 😊 x

What would you do Hun?? It's the fact she is just so blonde that worries me!!

I can't help as I don't use l'oreal, I use goldwell x

Goldwell 7gb on the roots and stretched down to maybe a 9gb on the ends would look nice! X

Thanks baby chops, do you mean after I've pre coloured?x

Do you mean after you've pre pigged? X

Yes sorry, it's called pre coloured in L'Oréal lingo xx

You will need to pre-pig her hair....leave the ends out as you can tone those down with a dia-light milk shake tone 6vol. Pre-pig using Majirel 7.34 with water leaving the areas out you are going to tone.. then base 7 majored 20 vol.... Using the ombré application. Last 10 mins apply the dia-light to the area you left out... Hope this helps ;):D

Thanks Jo, that's a great help. It's pretty much what I was thinking but a little unsure if it would tone the ends enough but just good to get some reassurance. Really appreciate your reply xx

Oh yes it will tone the ends as your client is pale blonde .. Perfect for the loreal milk shakes. ;-)

Oh yes it will tone the ends as your client is pale blonde .. Perfect for the loreal milk shakes. ;-) Just put toner through the ends last 10 mins and gently mix the two together so there is no line...... ;)

You might also find it helpful to paint all your roots on, then use a feathering movement with your tint brush to apply your darker colour down so that you don't get an obvious line, and that will keep it looking natural like balliage x In this situation I'd expect level 7 and 6 tints to come out looking very very brown - sometimes even as dark as a 5! When I've done this in the past I've used 8.31 & 7.31 dia light equal parts x

Thanks everyone, I really lack confidence with colour. My forte is cutting and bridal x

Latest posts

Back