Colour change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleBells10

Reaction score
I have a client who's hair had been bleached to within an inch if its life(by another stylist). She originally wanted an ombré but now wants to tone it down with lots of low lights and a few bleach highlights through the regrowth.

I will attach a pic of her hair now, and what she is wanting to achieve. I use L'Oreal colour house and was thinking of using something like an 8.34/6.34 and a few random bleach weaves.

Any advice, I'm really not very confident with coloring, especially when doing a color chafe on hair this color! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390928163.623421.jpg ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390928247.470540.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390928230.493778.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390928230.493778.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 461
I also appreciate I wouldn't achieve this through one set of foils. But she wants to do it gradually x

I wouldn't use low lights it will end up a muddy mess.. I would foils out hightlights (bleach on roots conditioners on ends) make them easy for u to pick up again next time
And flood with an all over warm 6 level- can't help you with tone as I use redken not loerol

If she wants to do it gradually then what you've suggested would be good x I'd do it in richesse or dia light ideally. 6.34 seems a bit dark to me - the contrasting depths with her white blonde could end up looking like black stripes through her hair. I'd do 8.34 and I'd also add some 8.31 into your mixture to cool it down a tad so your client doesn't feel like she's too coppery x

Last edited:
Remember an 8 is going to come out like a 7 on porous hair, so best to stay with something lighter then start adding more depth as she gets used to it x

Thanks guys, I hate colour changed. If I could I would drop colour and just cut and so bridal because I just lack the confidence. I really want to do a course to try and help me a bit.

So would you maybe use 8.34 with 1/4 8.31? All over low lights? Nothing darker at all? Even though it will come out like a base 7?x

I wouldn't do lowlights, they will just get lost and make her hair feel dull. I would leave some blonde foils through the top and flood through with a warm level 6. You just have to go for it and be confident. The more you do colour the more confident you will get. I was never very confident with colour but I pushed myself and now I'm much better lol x

Thanks babychops. Colour genius above said a 6 might feel too dark so I'm now a bit unsure. As originally she wanted lots of dark brown and caramel lowlights through it??

I would go for a level 7 then, you can always go darker next time x

But would a warm 7 not come out too coppery? Or should I try mixing 7.34 with 7.31 as above?x

But would a warm 7 not come out too coppery? Or should I try mixing 7.34 with 7.31 as above?x

I don't use l'oreal so I don't know what those colours are. I would use a level 7 gold. The only way you will know for sure is to do a test piece x

Yep, I'm going to do that tomorrow so fingers crossed. 7.34 is a golden copper blonde.
Thanks for your help x

Back to back foils ,one with the bleach foiled in conditioner one with your 7/34 ( this is coppery gold) then flood with 6/3. ...it will lightened very quickly with the hair being porous , best being a little dark to start with. But with more tones in it ,it will be healthier looking ..

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Headz & Bedz. What do you mean when you say flood?

Post a pic when done :))

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back