Colour change

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I just need a bit of advice on a colour I have a client that has been having Loreal mairouge 7.45 and majirel 7 she wants to tame colour down to a chocolate colour should I just use 7 majirel and some of copper should come though or do I need to use 7 with either an ash or something else thanks if anyone can help with advise on this

If a client mentioned chocolate to me, I'd be thinking of a level 5.

Can u give a number of what u think chocolate is? I'd say chocolate is a 5.3 or maybe a 6.3 but others would say a different shade what's your thoughts? if your not looking towards a .3 tone then u need to pick out the target shade off the chart let us know what that is and we could suggest a route to achieve it x

Sorry client said chocolate and I agree with you it would mean going to at least a base 6 which as she is very fair would be to harsh I think what I'd like to achieve is to stick to a base 7 but how can I get rid of a lot of the copper tones would just putting on a base 7 alone be enough or do I need to add 7.1 thanks

Oh i have this exact question :D

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why would you use 7.0?

Cooper (red+yellow) add blue = brown

Sorry did not understand that response.

how familiar are you with the colour wheel?

Copper is orange on the colour wheel so to neutralise you need to use a blue based tint.

A flat 7 isn't really going to do much for it.

So are you saying to tone down copper just use .7.1which is the ash as I don't want to take hair darker trying to tame original colour thanks

Latest posts

Back