Colour changing nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I've just asked about this too!!! Bluesky do it but it stinks and their dodgy!! Lol

It's a shame they aren't more well known because it might stop people using the likes of bluesky and cco!
Untill they produce msds and are supplied by a reputable wholesaler I for
One will not be touching their products.
I'm not a lover of the colour changing look but I'm guessing its a novelty with
Clients x

Echoing what willowrose said, I don't think anyone's intent was to make you feel stupid, angry or upset. It's just that you gave the OP very inaccurate information. If she had relied on it, she either would have not been able to fulfill her client's wishes (maybe lost a client) or resorted to using bluesky to please her client. So, people felt a need to correct what you had said for the OP's sake.

LeChat, GelII and Orly are all reputable companies that advertise in all of the trade/nail tech mags (while bluesky and CCO do not); I do think they have MSDS. I suspect some people are more aware of bluesky and CCO because those folk are searching for the cheapest products on eBay, rather than relying upon legitimate suppliers like S2, Louella, etc.

BTW, the color-changing gel polishes look great even when they're stable. I'd wear them for the base color alone; the color-changing is just an extra!

This is an Educational site, therefore it is important that answers are factual and accurate. If they are not then it does need to be corrected. Then we all learn something!
Also there is absolutely nothing wrong with reading and running.....I do it all the time :)
Better to wait until you have more time and post a more accurate answer.

I'm glad this all got sorted out, between yourselves, but please everyone read everything properly before firing off a reply it will save a lot of misunderstanding in the long run.

Thanks.

Have some of you heard yourselves lately? All these arguments over brands! I must admit i have brought 1 bottle bluesky out of curiosity. I opened the bottle do not to think much for the quality it is rather thick but whoever wants to use it may they do so after all it is there business and chosen brand! I really am getting sick and tired of it. People eating people alive like zombies on a site over a brand. It reminds me of when i was in school if you did not have Nike trainers worth £99.00 or above but you mum could only afford the £2.99 light up trainer you got beaten up by heard of bullies! I am in secondary school when i come on here?
:lick:

So in answer to OP question 😊 Le chat angels breeze is deep pink when cold and a very light pink/white when warm. Try to apply it on cold hands as warm ones mean you can't see the almost clear...and it's not always a nice surprise when they turn cold and you have dark pink all over the cuticles etc 😄 my experience this week!

The bluesky one is a white shimmer when warm but a more bright pink cold..not so nice, also really gloopy and thick to apply and terrible to get off! I bought it to try on myself, the le chat is much nicer to work with.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379618511.132488.jpg

Have some of you heard yourselves lately? All these arguments over brands! I must admit i have brought 1 bottle bluesky out of curiosity. I opened the bottle do not to think much for the quality it is rather thick but whoever wants to use it may they do so after all it is there business and chosen brand! I really am getting sick and tired of it. People eating people alive like zombies on a site over a brand. It reminds me of when i was in school if you did not have Nike trainers worth £99.00 or above but you mum could only afford the £2.99 light up trainer you got beaten up by heard of bullies! I am in secondary school when i come on here?
:lick:

This is a site for professionals and bluesky is not a professional product, I think a lot of people are
Passionate about it because unqualified techs and diyers are buying this stuff, undercutting professional techs who have invested thousands in quality training and products and people are passing it off as genuine cnd shellac and/or as a professional product and tarnishing the shellac name by performing poor prep/service or the
Product not lasting, therefore those of us using a professional product are loosing out and having our reputations tarnished by it- especially when we have to buff off what the client is told is
Shellac when you don't have to buff cnd shellac, it makes us look incompetent and like we are making excuses for ourselves. It's the same as the NSS with 'acrylic'. Most people I know say 'oh but acrylic ruins your nails' and when I say well mine dosent, they say yeah but does it last? And I have to explain myself and sound like I'm slagging NSS off just to convince them it's not going to destroy their nails!

It's unfortunate that s2 don't ask for
Qualifications before giving access to the forums, it might eliminate the problems.

As for my first answer... I answered with the only product I, as a professional who uses the best products in the industry, was aware of. I stick strictly with cnd and ibd for nails and only use ellisons and s2 as suppliers. Any answer given on here is opinion and yes, we all get the wrong end if the stick sometimes. My answer was NOT wrong, bluesky is fake shellac and they
Do do a colour changing product so what's the problem? I answered op's question and the forum is open for
Others to do the same. It is not for anyone to say my answer was wrong (unless it was, but it wasn't), if you are aware of another product- inform the op then she has a wealth of info to consider, not an argument to read. There was no need to comment on my post what so ever because it was NOT wrong.

I accept that no one meant to make anyone feel stupid but by saying what was said about the information I provided was not necessary, called for or particularly polite.

I happily apologised when I didn't read a response properly which I think says a lot about me.

There's a saying within s2....
Love and respect- lets follow it x

Just to reiterate - I didn't give inaccurate info!!! Bluesky is a fake shellac and they do a colour changing product!

This is a site for professionals and bluesky is not a professional product, I think a lot of people are
Passionate about it because unqualified techs and diyers are buying this stuff, undercutting professional techs who have invested thousands in quality training and products and people are passing it off as genuine cnd shellac and/or as a professional product and tarnishing the shellac name by performing poor prep/service or the
Product not lasting, therefore those of us using a professional product are loosing out and having our reputations tarnished by it- especially when we have to buff off what the client is told is
Shellac when you don't have to buff cnd shellac, it makes us look incompetent and like we are making excuses for ourselves. It's the same as the NSS with 'acrylic'. Most people I know say 'oh but acrylic ruins your nails' and when I say well mine dosent, they say yeah but does it last? And I have to explain myself and sound like I'm slagging NSS off just to convince them it's not going to destroy their nails!

Qualifications before giving access to the forums, it might eliminate the problems.

As for my first answer... I answered with the only product I, as a professional who uses the best products in the industry, was aware of. I stick strictly with cnd and ibd for nails and only use ellisons and s2 as suppliers. Any answer given on here is opinion and yes, we all get the wrong end if the stick sometimes. My answer was NOT wrong, bluesky is fake shellac and they
Do do a colour changing product so what's the problem? I answered op's question and the forum is open for
Others to do the same. It is not for anyone to say my answer was wrong (unless it was, but it wasn't), if you are aware of another product- inform the op then she has a wealth of info to consider, not an argument to read. There was no need to comment on my post what so ever because it was NOT wrong.

I accept that no one meant to make anyone feel stupid but by saying what was said about the information I provided was not necessary, called for or particularly polite.

I happily apologised when I didn't read a response properly which I think says a lot about me.

There's a saying within s2....
Love and respect- lets follow it x

I have you know i am trained with and use crystal nails but i only need to inform people that i use it in a polite manner. I do not feel the need to Bash people with my product as i am not a product basher or a product freek! I love crystal nails and there quality but why spoil a top brand by carrying a bad attitude.
I know bluesky is not a great brand if you looked at my post you will see i never rated it ! On the qualification side of it. I have nothing to prove to you i have all my certifications here i am that proud of them i adorn them everyday i even have another that would shock you:lick: But hey why be so cocky and show off! its more then my jobs worth to have a cool head and be grounded:lick:tara

I have you know i am trained with and use crystal nails but i only need to inform people that i use it in a polite manner. I do not feel the need to Bash people with my product as i am not a product basher or a product freek! I love crystal nails and there quality but why spoil a top brand by carrying a bad attitude.
I know bluesky is not a great brand if you looked at my post you will see i never rated it ! On the qualification side of it. I have nothing to prove you i have all my certifications here i am that proud of them i adorn them everyday i even have another that would shock you:lick: But hey why be so cocky and show offi ! its more then my jobs worth to have a cool head and be grounded:lick:tara

Ok so this is obviously the problem with this site and yiuve done to me what I did to willow rose - read it differently to
How it was intended.

I wasn't questioning your qualifications or brands or referring to anything at you I promise! I'm not a product freak honest- I was just trying to explain why I hadn't heard of any of the other brands because I have never needed to change
My products in years so I've never ventured away from s2 and ellisons and never ventured away from the sections I needed :( I hate brand bashers.... The only one I have ever bashed is bluesky!

When I mentioned about qualifications- it wasn't a hit at anyone, what I meant was I think a lot of the bluesky questions come from non pros, but then again I suppose if you are a new pro to the
Industry you wouldn't know? so maybe I was wrong to say that. It would be good to stop non pros Being on here thou cause I think non trained techs are getting very valuable info and tips from those of is who have invested in quality training when we should only be sharing
Amongst pros.

Hand on heart I was trying to explain why us shellac'ers get so cray cray about bluesky and the impact it's having on us - there was no intention to question anyone's choice of brand or qualifications I promise!

I hope this clears the air Hun! I'm intreagied what your surprise qualification is now thou :) x

It's a shame they aren't more well known because it might stop people using the likes of bluesky and cco!
Untill they produce msds and are supplied by a reputable wholesaler I for
One will not be touching their products.
I'm not a lover of the colour changing look but I'm guessing its a novelty with
Clients x

Bluesky have msds sheets and have a reputable wholesaler now, I have used it in the past but have decided against using it now as none of my clients pick it out they go for opi x

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I just want to butt in...

I don't use shellac purely because I feel everybody is pressured into buying it. (Like the girl before said about the trainer example) I use a gel polish that I got given in a kit when I trained in my gel nail extensions.
I do not advertise as shellac, I advertise as gel fingers or gel toes.

I understand why it Is frustrating to the more experienced therapists/technicians who have spent lots of money and researched properly into there products, who do use CND Shellac and then come across others who falsely advertise.
Just let that company or person ruin their own business. If they are using a product that can't be insured, that is crap let them get on with it. If you have a client who comes to you who likes the services you provide and likes paying the higher prices for a proffessional treatment but who has a friend who gets the cheap "shellac" from another company and realises it doesn't look or lasts like her friends she will more than likely come to you. That then gives you the chance to explain why her treatment at the other place was so cheap.

I had a client who came to me for her lashes but then went and got the MMA acrylic nails done. I told her once how bad they were and never mentioned it again. As as after all its the clients choice where they go. As her friends come to me to get there nails done and she has seen each different set she now comes to me all the time and is happy to pay more. I let her read an article about MMA at her appointment and she was horrified.

I think everybody on this site needs to help each other more, not jump down people's throats and to turn the blinkers off.
If somebody asks a question we should be helping them out. Not telling them no or pushing certain brands on them. I for one would like to hear about more brands.

Im really not trying to annoy anybody by what I have said and I have re-read my post over and over as I don't want anybody to feel im having a go.
Its just as a newbie when I have asked questions I have found people to be rather rude to me. I personally would rather they read and run instead of leaving posts that haven't helped me and instead got me quite annoyed. We are here to help and pass education and experiences onto people not put others down

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I understand your sentiments, however the reason we get so up in arms about that particular product is not because we don't want to discuss other brands, or discourage techs.
It is for the simple fact that this is a professional forum for the enjoyment and education of professionals in the industry. As such, only professional brands are welcomed as discussion points, not cheap knock-off products that are purchased through non-pro channels such as ebay.
All professionals should protect the integrity of their industry and giving airtime to non pro products, and encouraging others to use them, undermines this x

x
Sweet Squared have nothing to do with these Forums !
Yes Samuel Sweet the founder of the site is a Director of S2 but he founded this site long before S2.
The day to day running of the site is done by the Moderator Team,(volunteers) and the whole ethos of the site is that it is an educational site for all salon professionals irrespective of brand.

This thread seems to be going around in circles, with people getting so defensive about what they actually meant in their posts, and nothing to do with the original question any more.

Bluesky did start off as a fake copy of CND's Shellac calling itself Bluesky Shellac. CND took them to court, and won, they cannot use Shellac in their name now.
The product is now called Bluesky and has European distributors and MSDS and its use even gets covered by Insurance companies. Some Colleges are even buying it in and doing training with it.

I think of it as a gangster who has now gone 'legit' I still would give it a wide berth but I cannot prove anything against it.

I think beauty nerds post would have been a good place to close this thread, but felt these points also needed clarified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back