Colour correction help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamylocks

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if you can share some techniques with me in colour correcting black or very dark brown box dyes.

I have done a few of these and I find sometimes the end colour after a bleach wash can be a little patchy. I'm thinking I may not have let the full time develop with the final colour. I have been using a permanent colour after also. And I find they fade very quick and I would need to reapply another colour a few weeks after. Can it help please I want to get this right !!

Well bleach baths are crap i find.

I use wellas mild lightener techniques, its 1 part blondor multi blonde powder or soft blonde cream to 4 parts pastel developer. It can be left on for up to 50 minutes and can be applied 3 times in one sitting depending on integrity. Gives much more control than crappy shampoo bleach baths, lifts much better too.

Why use permanent colour afterwards? Don't see the point, hairs porous its obviously going to fade.

Would be better with quasi I'd have thought? Holds longer.

I use wellas mild lightener techniques, its 1 part blondor multi blonde powder or soft blonde cream to 4 parts pastel developer. It can be left on for up to 50 minutes and can be applied 3 times in one sitting depending on integrity. Gives much more control than crappy shampoo bleach baths, lifts much better too.

Why use permanent colour afterwards? Don't see the point, hairs porous its obviously going to fade.
It's not just wella. I don't see the appeal of the bleach bath for professionals. Just use mild bleach for heaven sake!

It's not just wella. I don't see the appeal of the bleach bath for professionals. Just use mild bleach for heaven sake!

What is you version of mild bleach ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you. Can you use a mild bleach with highlights too ?? I have a client I have bleach bathed already and she still wants too be lighter. She has a 6.11 applied at the moment which has faded. I was going to foil her full head and apply a 6.81 in illumina in between then tone with a 8 base illumina not sure what tones yet but that's her target shade. Will a mild bleach fo this may be a 3% developer tho ?

How much will a semi colour fade in difference to a permanent?

Thank you. Can you use a mild bleach with highlights too ?? I have a client I have bleach bathed already and she still wants too be lighter. She has a 6.11 applied at the moment which has faded. I was going to foil her full head and apply a 6.81 in illumina in between then tone with a 8 base illumina not sure what tones yet but that's her target shade. Will a mild bleach fo this may be a 3% developer tho ?

How much will a semi colour fade in difference to a permanent?

No the consistency is way too runny for foils, you can just do blondor with pastel in a 1:1.5 - 1:2 ratio for foils.

Pastel is around 2% but its a decimal so...

8/69 is nice!

I used the 8/69 and 7/81 illumina very pleased with the results.

She started with black box dye, I already bleach bathed and coloured this was 2nd attempt.

I will try the mild bleach bath in future thank you for your help ....

Attachments

• 1430942217434.jpg
    1430942217434.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 92
I used the 8/69 and 7/81 illumina very pleased with the results.

She started with black box dye, I already bleach bathed and coloured this was 2nd attempt.

I will try the mild bleach bath in future thank you for your help ....

Great results. I personally don't think it was light enough for the 8 though

What did u end up doin?

Latest posts

Back