Colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleneweeooo

Reaction score
Ok so this may be long so bear with me.

My friend is coming in to have her colour corrected by myself as a practice for my colour correction assessments.

Basically she had been doing her regrowth herself and has some fantastic red root glow! She has been using the same semi-perm box dye for a while now (a warm 6 she said) and she is naturally very light from what I remember (Base 7 maybe 8). She has a good 2 inches of bright red roots and the rest is a kind of warm level 5 due to box dyes turning out darker.
Now I understand my colour wheel and how green will counteract the red BUT I have no green in the salon and my boss won't stock it if I ask. (we use matrix btw) am I right in saying I could maybe use a 5 neutral along with an ash 5 on roots then leave for a while then drag through to the ends?
The second problem though is she has bands of colour due to the overlapping semis. To rectify this would you suggest I scrap the whole root glow problem first and just go straight into fixing the band problem? Maybe lifting out with bleach and water then taking it from there? We also don't stock colour removers incase anyone mentions it lol basic matrix colours is all we have and a few old igora royals.

Thanks everyone :)

Does she really want to be that dark when she has such a nice light natural colour?

Can you do a strand test first?
If it's a bog standard semi, a quick bleach bath should lift most of it out, no problem.

Just for info: colour reducers only work on permanent tint so they won't help removing a semi.

She's been that dark for about the past 4 years now lol she prefers it and is very used to it.
Yeah I could carry out a test. Thanks that's what I thought.
And I never knew colour removers were just for permanent, thanks :)

I would probably go along the lines of the 5/0 & 5/1 on root then take through with semi ( I use colour touch) say 6/0 maybe little 5/0 to even it out and put back some shine :)

Latest posts

Back