Colour correction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daydreams01

Reaction score
Hi, just looking for a 2nd opinion on a colour remover I am doing tomorrow.
Client has been home colouring and wants to even out her colour all over. Her natural level is 6. Client had been red for sometime but recently did a home strip and colour. Her mids and ends are currently closest to a 6rb and roots are a 6gb so she is struggling to get hair extensions to match due to the different shades in her hair. She showed me a pic of a really ashy blonde ombré look which she liked but after I explained that that would be unachievable straight away, she decided to just even out the colour to get rid of the red and keep it a nice brunette tone all over. She liked the 6b after looking at swatches so I reccomended a mild cleanse and recolour.

I am torn between doing an effasor but as she doesn't want to go particularly lighter just lose the red tone I Am worried about it lifting too much. I also have the Malibu colour correction sachets and wonder if they will be better to just remove the unwanted tone rather than lift it and risk it going really orange.
After the cleanse I plan on recolouring with a 6a with 3% to neutralise the undertones. (She didn't like the 6a swatch but I know if I put the 6b on it will be far too warm.)

So really just looking for opinions on wether it's best to go with effasor or the Malibu. If I go with effasor do you think mix with water or Peroxide as when I have done it before it's normally to get the client much lighter rather then just remove tone so have always used 6%.
Thanks in advance [emoji1]

Latest posts

Back