Colour correction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lara81

Reaction score
I need some advice. I had a client yesterday who wants to go back to her natural colour which is grey. She had grey roots and mids and ends were brown level 5 l lifted up her mids and ends to an orange. 6% It was left on for full time 50mim then went in to do her roots so it would even it out. Anyway her roots went very light.which was unexpected as she is 75% grey. I used the new wella opal essence silver mauve, 6% on her roots as I thought I it would darken the roots and 1.9 with the silver mauve on mids and ends. her mid and ends came out ok but her roots were purple! So I used 6/0 with 1.9 (that’s all I had on me) on her roots and blending down a little it came out lovely. But she needs it lifted again to get her lighter . I thought i will go in with 9% with bleach and leave 2cm away from her roots then lift the roots with 6% then go in with colour touch 9/86 but not sure please help

I need some advice. I had a client yesterday who wants to go back to her natural colour which is grey. She had grey roots and mids and ends were brown level 5 l lifted up her mids and ends to an orange. 6% It was left on for full time 50mim then went in to do her roots so it would even it out. Anyway her roots went very light.which was unexpected as she is 75% grey. I used the new wella opal essence silver mauve, 6% on her roots as I thought I it would darken the roots and 1.9 with the silver mauve on mids and ends. her mid and ends came out ok but her roots were purple! So I used 6/0 with 1.9 (that’s all I had on me) on her roots and blending down a little it came out lovely. But she needs it lifted again to get her lighter . I thought i will go in with 9% with bleach and leave 2cm away from her roots then lift the roots with 6% then go in with colour touch 9/86 but not sure please help
T
The higher developer you use thebwarmer the result will be when lifying. I would use 3% on the mid lenghths and ends leave until its lifted at least 2 levels then apply bleach and 1.9% to the root area process until desired level is achieved.
dont forget to pretone then tone with your target shade. 9/86 is very pigmented , when I use it I usually dilute it with 10/6 . hope this helps.

T
The higher developer you use thebwarmer the result will be when lifying. I would use 3% on the mid lenghths and ends leave until its lifted at least 2 levels then apply bleach and 1.9% to the root area process until desired level is achieved.
dont forget to pretone then tone with your target shade. 9/86 is very pigmented , when I use it I usually dilute it with 10/6 . hope this helps.

Thank you I will try that. Feel much better about it now. Appreciate the help ☺️

Thank you I will try that. Feel much better about it now. Appreciate the help ☺️
Your other option is to highlight it and tone. But depends on how quickly your client wants to get grey hair.

Ok Thanks, that idea sounds good too. I did say to her it’s a process but I no she wants it as gray as possible as soon as possible. I think the highlights would be easier actually then I won’t have to worry how her roots turn Out and would blend as she grows it out. There is another problem with highlights she has a short graduation at the back which would be difficult to highlight. I could comb the lighter on the back or shall I just highlight the longer pieces of hair?

Ok Thanks, that idea sounds good too. I did say to her it’s a process but I no she wants it as gray as possible as soon as possible. I think the highlights would be easier actually then I won’t have to worry how her roots turn Out and would blend as she grows it out. There is another problem with highlights she has a short graduation at the back which would be difficult to highlight. I could comb the lighter on the back or shall I just highlight the longer pieces of hair?
I'd just highlight as much as you can, is she naturally darker at the nape? Highlights are a much easier way of growing a colour out.

Ok that sounds like a better plan then thank you. I really do appreciate the help ☺️ She had about 2cm of grey 75% mixed with depth of a level 3 and the rest was coloured level 4-5. after lightning it to an orange and applying the wella opal essence silver mauve, with 1.9 to her mids and ends it is now around level 6.

Latest posts

Back