Colour corrections? Most common?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsmack

Reaction score
Hi all :) Ive been qualified 10 years now but after 3 years on maternity (and severely lacking in confidence/suffering panic attacks) I'm now getting back into full swing at my salon! I'm a bit rusty in cutting/colouring so im drowning myself in lots of theory refresh by reading through my old college folder, books/tutorials online etc.. I've already booked a Wella rep to come in to discuss new colour/product lines etc and am keeping my ear out for refresher/extensive courses as once I've brushed up my skills I would like to go into level 3 (I own a salon so it's mainly for the colour correction and cutting)... As we all know with the wide range of hideous colours/bleach/strippers available in shops, as hairdressers we are getting more and more corrective work come in and this is something I need to learn more about... I have a lady with LONG hair coming in for a cut/blow so I was thinking of keeping the cut off hair for me to create colour scenarios with by dying it different shades/bleaching etc and creating myself a 'desired' shade or corrective solution and then see what I can come up with based on my current knowledge & experience! What do you guys think, good idea???? What are the most common corrective issues you have? Red to brown? Blonde to brown?? Brown with tinge of green?? Etc... Any suggestions as to what scenarios I could create with these cuttings is much appreciated guys :) PS- the ladys hair is natural/uncoloured x

I tend to get brown to blonde, but they usually come to me before trying it themselves thank god!

Red to blonde is a hard one to do, so give it a go.
While I was training we had an Asian lady in who had a lot of length off, so I cut it keeping as much as possible length to do te same with. Put her hair in the cupboard to practice bleaching, tinting and perming on as you probably know its not easy to get practice in on Asian hair. Well worth it. Or get a block head and send the hairdo charity were it will be made into a wig for a child going through chemo.
If I ever have to cut off a lot of length again (I think they ask for 4 inches minimum) I will be sending it off to help the little soldiers ad give them confidence xoxo

Latest posts

Back