Colour gone too dark, why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

littleplum

Reaction score
hi,im not too good at explaining things but here goes...have a client with base 2 permant tint wanted red ish colour. (natural base 7). stripped her hair to copper base 6. applied 6.62 red violet permanent with 3% as hair really porus. the end result almost black. im really confused what have i done wrong? any advise welcome!
(yes im new to hairdressing!):o

siobrennan

Reaction score
hi hon how did u strip it? i know with some of the colour removers if there hasnt been sufficient rinsing and colour particals are left behind they can re-oxidise and the colour returns to the dark shade you were trying to remove? xxx

littleplum

Reaction score
hi thanks for replying x i bleach bathed using equal amounts o fbleach powder, 3% developer, shampoo and water, black lifted nicely so im so dissapointed for my lady that it went so dark x feel a bit usless!

Bluerinse

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is you didn't get all the bleach molecules out and stop creeping oxidisation hense going dark, if you drop some mixed colour into a pot if bleach you will see what I mean x

persianista

Reaction score
It's to do with the porosity. The 6.62 (we are talking about l'Oreal I assume?) has blue pigments. On severely compromised hair, these can shoot down dark.

You should have used a .4 or .44 to get a coppery 6

Please disregard the advice to do a head of foils( more bleach?) and a semi will just make it darker.

siobrennan

Reaction score
It's to do with the porosity. The 6.62 (we are talking about l'Oreal I assume?) has blue pigments. On severely compromised hair, these can shoot down dark.

You should have used a .4 or .44 to get a coppery 6

Please disregard the advice to do a head of foils( more bleach?) and a semi will just make it darker.
appologies - i thought the semi (albeit in a different shade which i should have stated) would hold better and hilites only if the hair was up to it after testing. my bad

littleplum

Reaction score
thanks for all your help with this. persiansta..how would you lift a 2 permanent to a 6.62? i dont really understand what you mean about the copper, (think im a bit slow!)....blue..is hair aid with ph3 the right product to use to stop creeping oxidation? i have some but didnt realise i needed it. i do know i have a lot still to learn..but thants for all your support x

Latest posts