Colour help for client 95% white hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Wondering if you could help.. I have a new client who just came in to ask about colour.. She is 95% white and wants a half head of foils but not to be hugely different, just subtle to break up the white. She is adamant she does not want it to show a definite regrowth! .. I use matrix colours and we agreed on the ul-m and ul-n shades. She said a 10 would be too dark. Now shes Gone, I'm sat here thinking I can't use the UL's on hair this white can I? should I opt for 11G and 11N? Would this give similar results?
Or does anyone have suggestions of what to use on white hair that is going to look 'creamy'? (Her words!)

Please help!

Thanks guys xx

If her hair is almost pure white, why would you bother lifting? You simply need to deposit tone... I would use a Demi Colour even, in a 9GB sort of shade. It will give you the slightest blonde haze throughout her hair.

If her hair is almost pure white, why would you bother lifting? You simply need to deposit tone... I would use a Demi Colour even, in a 9GB sort of shade. It will give you the slightest blonde haze throughout her hair.

Hmm, yes I know, I just thought this the more I'm thinking about it! .. I actually can't lift because there is no pigment left to lift! Would you think 9 may be too dark though? Ahh, I don't face people with this much white hair ratio often! X

Hmm, yes I know, I just thought this the more I'm thinking about it! .. I actually can't lift because there is no pigment left to lift! Would you think 9 may be too dark though? Ahh, I don't face people with this much white hair ratio often! X

My hair was bleach blonde but quite white. I know it's not the same. But I've had a 9G put through mine and it has really broken up the brightness of my hair. Xx

My hair was bleach blonde but quite white. I know it's not the same. But I've had a 9G put through mine and it has really broken up the brightness of my hair. Xx

Thanks for that lucindatracey.. Are you able to post a pic please just so I can see how dark it is in contrast?
This woman left saying she had total faith in me cuz I came across as totally confident so I don't want to let her down!! Xx

A base 9 will come out more like a base 10 on white hair :)

a 9 will be fine!

i would go with a 9 anything else wont show much.x

Thanks geeks :) xx

Latest posts

Back