Colour help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouLouB

Reaction score
I done a client yesterday. She put semi on about 8 months ago and I put 12/1 half head hi lights on as she didn't want to use bleach. It didn't lift very well but now wants bleach to lighten it more. I'm thinking the roots will lighten more than the ends. I will probably need a toner but unsure which is the best one to even it out. She likes an ash blonde and she's quite auburn. If anyone can give a bit of advise i would be very grateful x

I done a client yesterday. She put semi on about 8 months ago and I put 12/1 half head hi lights on as she didn't want to use bleach. It didn't lift very well but now wants bleach to lighten it more. I'm thinking the roots will lighten more than the ends. I will probably need a toner but unsure which is the best one to even it out. She likes an ash blonde and she's quite auburn. If anyone can give a bit of advise i would be very grateful x

If you could see her roots were a different colour to the rest of her hair, she hasn't used a semi 8 months ago...

Educate clients about why you need to use bleach in the first place. High lift's have their place but only on virgin hair.

What's her natural base and where's she at currently? what are you trying to achieve? What colour house are you using?

If you could see her roots were a different colour to the rest of her hair, she hasn't used a semi 8 months ago...

Educate clients about why you need to use bleach in the first place. High lift's have their place but only on virgin hair.

What's her natural base and where's she at currently? what are you trying to achieve? What colour house are you using?

Thank you for your reply. She is around a 5 to 6 natural. She wanted an ash blonde as she has a lot of warmth in her hair. She only wanted it slightly lightened and doesn't want to go really light. The end result did look even and it did take the warmth out. I'm only concerned about over processing too. Thank you x

I very rarely use high lift tints for the reason of, why would you use something that has the possibility of not getting the lift you want with a high percentage peroxide when you could go in low and slow with bleach. Bleach can be your best friend if used in the right hands!

Was you just trying to lift the root area or the kids and ends too?

I think we're going to need some pictures of where she is now, and what you want to achieve. What did you mix 12/1 with? Your client using a semi 8 months ago is irrelevant to this... unless she hasn't used a semi x

I very rarely use high lift tints for the reason of, why would you use something that has the possibility of not getting the lift you want with a high percentage peroxide when you could go in low and slow with bleach. Bleach can be your best friend if used in the right hands!
Was you just trying to lift the root area or the kids and ends too?

I know I'm kicking myself now as I should have used bleach but as far I was aware she hasn't had anything on it for months. She's a base 5/6 with quite a bit of warmth so she wanted to be brightened up with ash blonde to take out some of the red tones. It half head hi lights x

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we're going to need some pictures of where she is now, and what you want to achieve. What did you mix 12/1 with? Your client using a semi 8 months ago is irrelevant to this... unless she hasn't used a semi x

I'm seeing the client today and taking a strand as I'm going to have to use bleach and 6% and take it from there. I'm going to take pictures too. I mixed 12/1 with 12% do now I'm a bit concerned of over processing x

Personally I'd only use 3% in the bleach esp since you have already lightened it

Personally I'd only use 3% in the bleach esp since you have already lightened it

Thank you. I was thinking 3% as I want a slow lift. I'm going to look today do the test and see what the result is. She wants a light ash blonde so if it still throws off gold can you recommend a toner to use. X

So she's got auburn hair and u want to use 3% bleach to achieve a light ash blonde .. On a base 5/6
If her roots are a base 5/6 then what would u say then ends are ?
The toner would also depend how the hair lifts - u tone accordingly .. .
To get an even lift I would use a low peroxide on the roots and a higher one thru the ends .
Yeh I think a pic would help us understand if better !

I have just seen the client and it has lifted slightly and I have done a strand test using bleach and 6%. She saw the result and she like the colour. I will try upload pics. Thank you so much for all your advise. X

image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg View attachment 199452

I carried out a strand test today and it lifted well and evenly. She was happy with the colour when she compared it to her hair. I used bleach and 6% x

I don't think an ashen blonde is gonna look nice in her hair, go for gold x

Latest posts

Back