Colour help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tajray77

Reaction score
Hi All. My client is a 6 Base with bleach highlights and 8/81 wella toner ( purple shampoo constantly) she now wants to go about a 9 Base ( no gold or copper) and creamy white ends. Please has anyone got any advice for me? She's so fussy. I've been hairdressing since 18 ( in 39)but have never been as stressed out about anything as much as this in my life. Thank you x

Hi All. My client is a 6 Base with bleach highlights and 8/81 wella toner ( purple shampoo constantly) she now wants to go about a 9 Base ( no gold or copper) and creamy white ends. Please has anyone got any advice for me? She's so fussy. I've been hairdressing since 18 ( in 39)but have never been as stressed out about anything as much as this in my life. Thank you x
9.16 wella is a good colour, but shes not going to do it in one sitting and there is still the chance of gold coming through depending on her own hair? 6 base is quite ash anyway but more gold the lighter you go as you know. Good luck i would be stressing with this too!

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was going to try 8/71 color touch but sometimes goes a little pinky. Do you think bleach highlight the roots and then 9/16? Thanks again x

You can use colour touch sunlights on her roots, just to give it that touch of lift, then I would tone the ends with a mix of 9/03 and 10/0 all colour touch.

I don't think you need to lighten the roots to much because that picture is quite rooty, sunlights will just make her natural pop a little bit more

Don't overthink this one! I'd do a cleanse of bleach and water, mix it to a runny paste consistency, apply all over, avoiding roots, I'd probably only leave 20 mind max. This will distort the silver / ash tones. Then I'd do a foilayage, basically do a full head of highlights of 2 parts 8/38 + and 1 part 8/69 + 6%. Then in between your foils I'd apply 10/38 and pastel like balayage, obviously not covering the natural root. Leave for full 40 mins. Hope this helps

Don't overthink this one! I'd do a cleanse of bleach and water, mix it to a runny paste consistency, apply all over, avoiding roots, I'd probably only leave 20 mind max. This will distort the silver / ash tones. Then I'd do a foilayage, basically do a full head of highlights of 2 parts 8/38 + and 1 part 8/69 + 6%. Then in between your foils I'd apply 10/38 and pastel like balayage, obviously not covering the natural root. Leave for full 40 mins. Hope this helps

Thank you so much!! Was going to do a cleanse. I think I'm going crazy. I Keep simplifying it then complicating it. I was thinking perhaps I don't go all the way down to the ends with the darker colour on some pieces too? ( like ombre bits) think that would be OK? Thank you all again x

Thank you so much!! Was going to do a cleanse. I think I'm going crazy. I Keep simplifying it then complicating it. I was thinking perhaps I don't go all the way down to the ends with the darker colour on some pieces too? ( like ombre bits) think that would be OK? Thank you all again x
You could do that would look nice too, but you wouldn't necessarily need to but I suppose that'd be up to you :), depends what the hair is like after the cleanse I suppose :)

You could do that would look nice too, but you wouldn't necessarily need to but I suppose that'd be up to you :), depends what the hair is like after the cleanse I suppose :)

Latest posts

Back