Colour levelling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I have a client to do in a few weeks and just wanna check I'm not missing something
She has about base 6/7 natural roots couple inches then a band of a warm 9 nice and easy and then another similar shade band again a home colour which then goes to what I believe to be old bleach highlights (client unsure) shade is a 12 when matched to chart
She wants to get back to having highlights again rather than a definate root growth but she wants to tone it down and not be as blonde
I don't think I will get a good result by just doing full head of highlights so I've test pieced the hair and used a 9.1 on the root and the warm banding with 6% and then 9.3 on the mid lengths and ends with 3% and developed for full time checking every 10 mins the result was much more even still slight variances under certain lights but overall much much better than what she has, my concern is it may fade out quick on the ends as it's very porous, I was considering just doing a parting of bleach highlights leaving the exisiting length in this area to make it look highlighted and help to make the transition back to highlights on the next appt, am I going about this the right way? Any advise greatly appreciated, really wanna get this right as shes a new mum and needs some tlc lol xxx thanks geeks xxx

hey, i wouldnt use any bleach, her hair doesnt sound in great condition! use the 9 line i'd use just 9 with 6% on roots and 9.3 with 3% through lengths and ends. maybe not a full head just t.section and then apply a warm 6/7 semi over the rest to even it up and cover all those old nast hi-lites! you can use a porosity balancer first and dry it in before colouring, also she prob needs a good cut! :Love:
Hi geeks
I have a client to do in a few weeks and just wanna check I'm not missing something
She has about base 6/7 natural roots couple inches then a band of a warm 9 nice and easy and then another similar shade band again a home colour which then goes to what I believe to be old bleach highlights (client unsure) shade is a 12 when matched to chart
She wants to get back to having highlights again rather than a definate root growth but she wants to tone it down and not be as blonde
I don't think I will get a good result by just doing full head of highlights so I've test pieced the hair and used a 9.1 on the root and the warm banding with 6% and then 9.3 on the mid lengths and ends with 3% and developed for full time checking every 10 mins the result was much more even still slight variances under certain lights but overall much much better than what she has, my concern is it may fade out quick on the ends as it's very porous, I was considering just doing a parting of bleach highlights leaving the exisiting length in this area to make it look highlighted and help to make the transition back to highlights on the next appt, am I going about this the right way? Any advise greatly appreciated, really wanna get this right as shes a new mum and needs some tlc lol xxx thanks geeks xxx

Thanks for getting back to me , she does not want to be as dark as a 6 or 7 thou so am worried if I do the semi she wont like it
If I go down the 9. When it comes to regrowth would u do then do highlights usig a 9 to blend it in? I guess if the ends have really faded by then could use a semi 9 to refresh?! What do u think I really appreciate your help am waiting to start level 3 so hopeully all these questions I ask will soon be something I know off the top of my head xx
Thanks

hey, i wouldnt use any bleach, her hair doesnt sound in great condition! use the 9 line i'd use just 9 with 6% on roots and 9.3 with 3% through lengths and ends. maybe not a full head just t.section and then apply a warm 6/7 semi over the rest to even it up and cover all those old nast hi-lites! you can use a porosity balancer first and dry it in before colouring, also she prob needs a good cut! :Love:

Also was wondering why would u use a 9 and not a 9.1 when I did the text peice it was pretty good as I thought the 9.1 was knocking out the warmth at the root and regrowth and the 9.3 was going on such light ends it pretty much blended??
If u get a min to respond be really grateful also replied previously with another question :0)
Thank a mill xxx

Maybe on this client you could do the ombre that all the celebs are rockin at the mo??? Something abit different? Fill in the roots with something like a beigey dark blonde / light brown and then freshen up the lengths and ends with some different blondes golds, honeys, carmels that sort of thing? (sorry for the descriptions on colours but dont know which colour range you use)

This would be much less maintainance as far as regrowth is concerned (great for a new mum aswel) and it will freshen up the lengths and ends with all those tones going through, without it being too bright!! :lol:

xXx

Hi
I'm not sure she would go for that how about and I'm wondering what u think to this if I was to do half head of bleach highlights only root and mid lengths that are warm like I said the ends are already bleached then underneath and in-between foils do the 9.1 on roots and 9.3 on ends to level it out that way she will have a highlighted effect and when she gets a regrowth do full head highlights alternating 9 and bleach will that all blend in and be easier to maintain do u think ? Plus I'm thinking it will be less noticeable if any slight variances of the 9 tint if I did a full head ?! Hope that makes sense?! Xx
I think I'm worrying to much about this lol :0)

this sounds fine, i suggested just a 9 as u need some warmth to match the 9.3 u are using through the length! just do small fine woven sections and keep your %'s low! dont worry, will be fine! x
Hi
I'm not sure she would go for that how about and I'm wondering what u think to this if I was to do half head of bleach highlights only root and mid lengths that are warm like I said the ends are already bleached then underneath and in-between foils do the 9.1 on roots and 9.3 on ends to level it out that way she will have a highlighted effect and when she gets a regrowth do full head highlights alternating 9 and bleach will that all blend in and be easier to maintain do u think ? Plus I'm thinking it will be less noticeable if any slight variances of the 9 tint if I did a full head ?! Hope that makes sense?! Xx
I think I'm worrying to much about this lol :0)

Aww thank u so much for ur advise I will use 9 if u think it's better when I tested 9.1 on root and warm mid lengths and 9.3 on very light ends it did match but suppose it's very difficult to actually see for sure on such a small test peice
Thanks for ur help xxx

Latest posts

Back