Colour not taking over pre pigmented blonde, help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairebh1604

Reaction score
Hi guys, would love to hear some feed back and advice on the following please ��
Today I done a new client that had a terrible hairdresser for a bit before me being recommended and she has been having highlights that's are def bleach due to the breakage and dryness it has caused to her hair and some copper low lights, the copper was only at her roots and not all the way through like it should have been and I'm assuming it either faded or never took and then the hairdresser just kept touching the roots up with the copper and not the ends according to my client. We done a consultation and discussed colours and the process etc and I took strand tests so I could do a colour and porosity test. I done one test without pre pigment and the other with and the one with took the colour perfectly which was 6.46 majirel (L'Oreal), I also done her extensions in this colour and they took lovely and she was so chuffed with the colour so today I pre pigment the hair as it was quite mis matching blonde and bleach and used gelee 7.43 or 7.34 (can't remember which one without looking) which gave a perfect base to apply the 6.46 and which should give it more durability and not come out wishy washy, so left for 20mins then washed, dried and applied the 6.46 and too my surprise it hasn't taken as well as it should have and how it did on the strand test??? Baffled. Its quite washy washy but have offered to recolour in the morning just the top part of the hair as she wanted her extensions in, do you think another coat with same colour will be ok? In my experience I think it will come put better and more to the colour as we have now set a base for it basically. Also after all this and thinking what could have gone wrong the client did say that when she rinsed the glee off she didn't give a shampoo only rinsed like a toner and I thought this may have something to do with it as it may have left a coating acting as a barrier.

Thx in advance and sos for essay ��

If your client has bleach and breakage I defo wouldn't be going in with majirel try dialight I think this would be better for the hair and hold better if the hair is in poor condition a perminant will just wash straight out due to the cuticules being open x

Hey, thx for reply ��
Had already thought of that but they don't do the colour in the richess and dia lights hun hence why I was advised 6.46 majirel after pre pigment. Tbh it is not far off just looks like it has been washed a couple of times. Was also wondering if I just added warm water and no peroxide would this give it the added colour until I have her hair in a better state and condition? She is booking weekly treatments so hopefully will be better in a few months

If your client has bleach and breakage I defo wouldn't be going in with majirel try dialight I think this would be better for the hair and hold better if the hair is in poor condition a perminant will just wash straight out due to the cuticules being open x

That reply above was for you beckstar, new to all this so do apologise.
Also her hair isn't breaking just yet but just dry. Weird that the strand test was ok xx

Oh sorry you did say in your post dry and breakage due to bleach? Did the test piece have a bit of her slightly darker strands going through or was it a pure blonde piece you tested? Were on the head did you take the cutting from? X

From about the middle of the head either side at the back. Its not really bad just a few strands on top are more dry and look like they could break if more bleach was applied but its just a tint and I will do a treatment after just want it to take this time. Maybe I should just apply the colour again with 20vol so it can deposit into the hair and maybe add a touch of water as if refreshing the colour as its not loads lighter but just hasn't taken to its full colour

All done and turn out as good as poss considering it was a perm going over blonde in the colour it was �� I mixed a little base 6 to the colour so it would cover more even and not fade as quick and now we have a base we can apply the colour as normal the refresh ends with a splash of water in the mix. Client was very happy so that's the main thing, thx for advise tho hun xx

Latest posts

Back