Colour pops, clear or opaque?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
What do people find are better for showing off colours of nail polish or gels to clients, the clear colourpops or the opaque ones?

I was wondering the same things and ordered both because i couldnt make up my mind lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

I bought both but I think a natural nail isn't clear so ended up using the opaque ones they seemed to look ok :D

I've tried both and prefer the opaque ones, especially for the lighter and sheer shades.

CeeCee x

I can't decide either, I always need at least three coats with the clear ones and usually two with the opaque ones. I too was thinking the opaque ones as the natural nail is not clear,

I prefer clear ones as I can paint the gel polish on the underneath .

I then put a clear top coat on the top side . After time this dulls so easy to just pop another layer of clear over the top . Advantage of painting underneath is that the colour is protected from scratching ect

I like clear ones because you can pop them against your own nails and see the colour exactly as it's going to look on - particularly with the lighter ones :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back