Colour Pops with nail varnish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
It could be me...but i have bought myself some colour pops to practice nail art.

Im using normal nail polish (opi) and have got myself some acrylic paint (ouli)

Because im just practising then obviously the nail polish and paint is being taken off the colour pop quite a lot and ive noticed its gone dull and not all the polish is coming off, Im using acetone to take the polish off.

Im thinking maybe its because im using acetone.

Could anyone help please?

Thanks

Just a guess but maybe the acetone is doing something to the plastic? This happened with my UV lamp when I was wiping it with acetone without thinking. It went quite dull in the part I was rubbing and as if the acetone was melting it a bit?

Maybe use a non-acetone remover and that might make a diference?

Lolly22 is right. it will be the acetone. Dont practice on the colour pops, you have to do the design perfect on them, as you cant really remove mistakes. I use tips stuck onto an orange wood stick with blue tack. Then when you get a good design you have practised, then do it on the colour pops.
Just an idea:)
hope this helps

I bought some cheap tips/ nails on ebay 500 for £1.49 delivered! Sent from UK too. I use these stuck onto orange sticks to practice my nail art and no need to wipe it off to try again at that price! X

Thanks for your replies.

Thought it was the acetone. Il get some cheap tips and try on them.
Hope i dont need thousands. ha ha

If you soak in acetone a set of nails done with tips, the tips melt and disappear. Clearly and obviously guys acetone melts plastic! :lol:

This happened with my UV lamp when I was wiping it with acetone without thinking. It went quite dull in the part I was rubbing and as if the acetone was melting it a bit?

I did this too!

Just a guess but maybe the acetone is doing something to the plastic? This happened with my UV lamp when I was wiping it with acetone without thinking. It went quite dull in the part I was rubbing and as if the acetone was melting it a bit?

Maybe use a non-acetone remover and that might make a diference?

i agree. i split brush cleaner that contains acetobe on pvc window sill and it melted it x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back