Colour query!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allie

Reaction score
Hey guys. I use Koleston colours. I've come cross an Osmo blonde - 12/2 & I was just wondering if I'm right in thinking the '/2' is cool ash!?! I know '/1' is Ash & the rest of them, but I've never come across /2 so I'm just curious as I was thinking of using it on a client. It looks a more of a 'cool' blonde than the koleston 12/1! X

Look at your colour wheel and icc. /1 doesn't mean cool or ash it means green. X

???
Tones in Koleston:-
0 natural
1 ash
3 gold
4 red
5 mahogany
6 Violet
7 brunette (warm tones)
8 pearl (blue)
9 cendre (violet-silver)
I'm wanting to know what 2 is!! X

1 is green, and 2 is blue violet.

Green blue and violet make up the ash area not just /1 x

Your right /2 is cool ash x

As far as i know /2 in wella koleston is "mat" and is said to be green yes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Thanks guys! Going to try the Osmo Ikon 12.2 which looks a lovely ash colour. Has anyone tried it? X

12.2 in osmo is highlift Violet toned.

I thought that was the 12.19 that was violet!?! As long as it doesn't life to yellow or golden I'll be happy! Lol. X

I've got an osmo ikon manual on my USB and the .2 is def violet in it. Mixing ratio is 1:2 n development time 50-60 mins with 12%

Great, thanks! :) will this give a nice cool blonde? X

Great, thanks! :) will this give a nice cool blonde? X

Depends what base you are starting from, do a strand test when you skin test then you will know whether it is cool enough:)

Will do thanks. If it's not cool enough what should I add? I'm thinking a tiny blob of Koleston 0/11!?! X

Last edited:
I wouldn't start inter mixing brands. Definitely strand test for all the formulas u think. Just firing something on by what's on the swatch or mixing against product guidelines is going to cost you more time and product if you have to rectify it.. I've found that's what causes unexpected results.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Ok! When I went to the warehouse run by my old college tutor, she said it was fine to mix different brands. For example, she said that if a 12/0 in one brand wasn't the desired colour, mix a bit of Koleston 12/1 into it! Gonna do a strand test first anyway :)

I have never intermixed different brands x

Mixing brands will surely invalidate your insurance, as you won't be following MFI.

Ok! When I went to the warehouse run by my old college tutor, she said it was fine to mix different brands. For example, she said that if a 12/0 in one brand wasn't the desired colour, mix a bit of Koleston 12/1 into it! Gonna do a strand test first anyway :)

Has she been sacked from teaching? She sure as hell should be if that's what she's telling you.
That is horrendous advice, invalidates your insurance, can put your clients health in danger & will have unpredictable results.
Then there's the matter of what peroxide? Do you go for wella or osmo peroxide?
Brings up too many factors and again in dangerous. X

Latest posts

Back