Colour start for skin sensitivity testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjmand

Reaction score
Do anyone have an opinion on the colour start patch tests? I heard July next year it will be compulsory to patch test every client 48 hour prior to every treatment. So every time they have the treatment done regardless of how many times they have had the treatment ect they must have had a skin sensitivity test prior to the tint. This if is enforced will be murder for clients and business. Unless it is properly enforced within the industry and everyone follows the rule. I currently do this with hd brows patch test (previously colour start) most likely still is but repackaged. I would like to know people's opinions on the colour start patches, if we patch test with those which are not manufactured but the exact tinting brand or are we patch testing for ppd or the individual tint? Hope this makes sense

i jus phoned my insurance and asked if these patches cover you and unfortunatly they dont you.need to patch test with your brand following manufacturers instructions x

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek

If you are insured with the Freelance Hair & Beauty Federation, they specifically say on their insurance paperwork that they will insure you, if you use the Colourstart patches.

Also, I've found that if you buy them directly from the manufacturer, the use by dates are longer.

It's handy when you are mobile as you might have access to numerous colour brands and that way, you can test a client first and it doesn't matter which brand you decide to use.

I like the fact that you can still see the result of the test when you visit the client, which you often can't do when you dab tint behind the ear as it's often washed off by the time you come to do the service.

Salon gold state that manufacturers instructions are to be followed. So in this case it may be best to contact the manufacturer and ask them if they condone their use and if so to receive it in writing via email or post xoxo

Latest posts

Back