Colour strippers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frizzfreehair

Reaction score
What colour stripper does everyone use? I've tried the rusk one but wasn't too keen and didn't get a good result

Hi, I only ever use loreal effassor, have used it for many years always good results .

The pravana color extractor is ok, but we have had great luck with PowerTools extractor. Might have to do it 2x's but thats pretty common with any extractor. Also, they can leave the hair in not so great shape, so I would most def do an Olaplex stand alone treatment afterwards to help out with integrity!

I really love the line of Malibu C products. I find that if you start by using their Crystal Gel treatment the CPR to totally cleanse the hair it even lifts a lot out. Then you can either repeat the CPR for ammonia based color removal or use DDL for direct dyes. I also use Olaplex for all of my corrective colors before I begin, sometimes between removals and always follow with moisture and protein to ensure the final toner color will hold better

If you're looking at colour reducers for removing artificial colour, then I like Affinage Eraser but there are other similar products such as Goldwell and Rusk.

I personally don't bother with Effasor as I feel that it's too similar to bleach so I may as well stick with bleach if I want to lighten the natural colour significantly.

If you're trying to remove direct dye, the new Joico direct dye remover has had good reviews.

I guess it depends on what you want to achieve.

Effasol is fab! Really effective and not too much damage to hair.

Latest posts

Back